Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
Fellow HH,
Regular readers will know that we often see HH forum chat about Sooloos library content, library stats, backups, what's in a backup, what's not in a backup, etc. It's not very easy to get at meaningful data about these things.
Meridianunplugged.com is pleased to share with you a new tool to help answer this particular need.
It is called
Sooloos Library Interrogator and you can download it
here We have also prepared a Don't Panic! user guide which will help you understand how to use it. You can download it
here .
This includes a suggested method to compare important data between your live library and your backup(s).
Please note that this works on Windows only. It is a home-grown tool so please no moaning about why there isn�t a version for OSx.
If you ask a question about how to use it that is clearly covered in the user guide you will be banned!!
OK... just kidding
but please do RTFM before firing questions.
Happy to have your feedback, questions and suggestions.
Hope you find it useful.
Ratbert
Unregistered
Ratbert
Unregistered
Hi Nick Fantastic effort, well done to all the people involved. Russ
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Wow! Great jobs folks, thank you.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new. Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 153
Fantastic! This is really great. Congratulations!
MD600, MS600
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Nick,
This looks amazing. Top stuff.
Quick feedback to date:
I had to install .NET v4 Framework on a Windows XP machine - download available from Microsoft
here I am getting an indexing error during the 'Scan Core' operation:
'Unhandled exception has occurred... Index was out of bounds of the array'
but it doesn't cause a catastrophic failure.
The application is slightly to large for my screen and I can't resize it to read the debug information at the bottom about the above error.
I'll have more time tomorrow to try it further and on a Windows 7 machine.
Thanks for this.
In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 21
Harmless
Harmless
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 21
Hi Nick, Absolutely excellent work of you ! Exactly what is needed, thank you so much. Regards Falcon
F80, 861v8+ID41, C15, HD621, 8000.2, 7200.2HC, MS600 , M6s, B&O Pentas, B&O 8000s Sony EL-7 Elcaset, Marantz 2270, KEF 104aBs Samsung UE55C9005ZW, Stewart Firehawk G3 106" Electriscreen, OPPO BDP-95EU ROON, Nucleus+
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
I can dump my current core library to a CSV file but when I try to scan my backup I get the following error message
If I ignore it and continue the program says scanning but does not go further.
MD600(2x2TB); iPad Pro LR. 818v3, 8000SE HT. 861v8+ID41,HD621; BW 2x802D,HTM1D,4x804S;SVS sub; Mac 5 MC501s; RGP 600Pro, JVC X950; Radiance Pro; Oppo 203 FR. G65, DSP3200-3300 DSW, HD621; Mac MC152; Oppo 103, PDP TCP65VT60, Radiance 2124; RGP1200C 4. G65, DSP3200-3300,HD621; OPPO 83, Radiance XE PDP 5. 818v3; Prime HP Amp; HD800
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi, Try J:\ as the backup path. I assume you can access this path with the Windows file explorer. Regards, Carl
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
I thought I had done that. Will double check.
MD600(2x2TB); iPad Pro LR. 818v3, 8000SE HT. 861v8+ID41,HD621; BW 2x802D,HTM1D,4x804S;SVS sub; Mac 5 MC501s; RGP 600Pro, JVC X950; Radiance Pro; Oppo 203 FR. G65, DSP3200-3300 DSW, HD621; Mac MC152; Oppo 103, PDP TCP65VT60, Radiance 2124; RGP1200C 4. G65, DSP3200-3300,HD621; OPPO 83, Radiance XE PDP 5. 818v3; Prime HP Amp; HD800
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
Doubled checked the path. Got the same error message again.
MD600(2x2TB); iPad Pro LR. 818v3, 8000SE HT. 861v8+ID41,HD621; BW 2x802D,HTM1D,4x804S;SVS sub; Mac 5 MC501s; RGP 600Pro, JVC X950; Radiance Pro; Oppo 203 FR. G65, DSP3200-3300 DSW, HD621; Mac MC152; Oppo 103, PDP TCP65VT60, Radiance 2124; RGP1200C 4. G65, DSP3200-3300,HD621; OPPO 83, Radiance XE PDP 5. 818v3; Prime HP Amp; HD800
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,061
Ok. I just tried the path with the media sub-folder and it seems to be working. J:/media Thanks.
MD600(2x2TB); iPad Pro LR. 818v3, 8000SE HT. 861v8+ID41,HD621; BW 2x802D,HTM1D,4x804S;SVS sub; Mac 5 MC501s; RGP 600Pro, JVC X950; Radiance Pro; Oppo 203 FR. G65, DSP3200-3300 DSW, HD621; Mac MC152; Oppo 103, PDP TCP65VT60, Radiance 2124; RGP1200C 4. G65, DSP3200-3300,HD621; OPPO 83, Radiance XE PDP 5. 818v3; Prime HP Amp; HD800
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
I'll add that to the guide. Thanks.
Rgds, Nick
1 members (Brandon ),
148
guests, and
2
robots.
Key:
Admin ,
Global Mod ,
Mod
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,173
Members5,503
Most Online4,788May 22nd, 2026