logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Thread Like Summary
Awb, Battered
Total Likes: 2
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Battered
Battered
I bought a pair of DSP5000 off eBay. Cost £400, including cable and remote - and sound very good. They arrived kind-of battered, though - veneer coming off the bottom a bit (looks like they took a hit or scrape there), and drivers look a bit kind-of worn. Also, one of the nuts on the back looks a touch rusted.

Seller kindly offered a return and refund (they were advertised as in better nick). I'm torn, though - not sure whether to keep them (I'd struggle to get anything better sounding for the price) or to return (the damage may make them harder to resell, and if they're a bit battered they may have damage that shortens their lives). What would you do?

Is there a way to upload pics here, or do I need to host elsewhere and link?
Liked Replies
by Hector
Hector
Hi Battered,

I would return these if possible. Rough is an understatement. Did we ever confirm if these were 18 bit or 96/24? Clearly a case of you can't have your Dundee cake and eat it.
Much better quality will be available in the future.

Hector
1 member likes this
by 3dit0r
3dit0r
There are a few pairs on eBay right now, including one pair which has already been re-capped, I think, from a member of the forum.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
2 members (Not'arf, Maz), 144 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
GMT 6
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,161
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.320s Queries: 11 (0.308s) Memory: 0.7220 MB (Peak: 2.2160 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-04 19:55:23 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS