logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Thread Like Summary
Dave02
Total Likes: 1
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by OldDogCan
OldDogCan
I just watched a YouTube video posted by M today advising dealers about the proper way to update firmware, wherein a special Meridian serial-to-RJ45 cable is said to be necessary.

Does anyone know about an available adapter that would allow those of us located hundreds of miles from a dealer to update using our connected ethernet cables?
Liked Replies
by MagnusB
MagnusB
I connected the first speaker and ran identify and it identified the speakers: 3.16, BIOS 03, HWv9, Z8 2.053

But when I tried to update it started and then said "power off/on" and then started "loading" however it then failed with "timeout reading from COM3".

I started the update again and the second time it worked fine.

For the second speaker I had no issues.
1 member likes this
Who's Online Now
1 members (Syles), 351 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,189
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.149s Queries: 10 (0.136s) Memory: 0.7187 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 17:15:23 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS