|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 22
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 22 |
I had a similar problem with multiple squeezebox and the cure was to uncheck the "delay to prevent dts click"
Hope this helps.
.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
I had a similar problem with multiple squeezebox and the cure was to uncheck the "delay to prevent dts click"
Hope this helps. That sounds promising, but I'm not familiar with this setting. Is it accessible from the front panel or only through MConfig?
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
Only MConfig and it is defaulted to off.
I forget if 561 has it, but if it has the option "poor digital source", try turning it on. Only available in MConfig.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
I've never used MConfig on this unit (or any other for that matter). I know I'll need to with the 861, but I have been avoiding it on the 561 since when I fist got the 561 10 years ago there weren't Intel Macs, and using VirtualPC was a nightmare.
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014 |
Have successfully tried 17 Sonos Zones with three of those into Meridian Processors and another into an F80. All play perfectly in Sync
Depending on Room Locations and Doors etc., there may be "perceived" differences caused by Sound traveling relatively slowly
Make sure the ZP80 Line Out is set to "Fixed" rather than Variable
-
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
If you can, swap two of the Sonos boxes over and see if the delay moves with the Sonos, or stays with the processor.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
Have successfully tried 17 Sonos Zones with three of those into Meridian Processors and another into an F80. All play perfectly in Sync
Depending on Room Locations and Doors etc., there may be "perceived" differences caused by Sound traveling relatively slowly
Make sure the ZP80 Line Out is set to "Fixed" rather than Variable I can stand pretty much equidistant from the living room and kitchen speakers and there is a definite lag on the Meridian zone. I had the ZP80 on "Fixed" but then set it on "Variable" when I tried plugging it right into the DSP33s. I'll try that this evening also. Thanks.
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
If you can, swap two of the Sonos boxes over and see if the delay moves with the Sonos, or stays with the processor. Tried that - stayed with the processor 
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 959
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 959 |
I have no problem with a SONOS and an 861... You saying you have multiple Sonos systems (not connected to Meridian equipment) and they sync fine with 861. Correct, I am saying that the ZP90 that is connected to my 861 and the ZP120s that are not connected to the my 861 (i.e. they are connected directed to speakers) sync perfectly (at least to my ears)...
Audio: Triad Monitor Golds, Surround Golds, Silver Subwoofers; Procella P-18 Subwoofer; QSC DCA 16622s, 1644, 3422, BASIS 922uz; ADA MACH IV B Other: APC S-15s; Crestron Sources and Video: Ran out of characters .....................
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
The problem appears to be the 561. Plugging the Sonos directly into the DSP33s results in perfect sync. Going back to the 561 resulted in delay. I guess I'll have to dig into MConfig.
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
If you can't resolve it with 561 settings.
You can setup D2 on the DSP-33's. It's a little tricky.
See wiki. But I think you need legacy Mconfig for setting them up.
You must also have a "Master" cable going to one of them.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
I had a similar problem with multiple squeezebox and the cure was to uncheck the "delay to prevent dts click"
Hope this helps. Bingo! That was the problem. Thanks.
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
1 members (Oracle64),
426
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|