|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
Yesterday I moved my 561 into my living room due to a planned reconstruction of the media room. I have a Sonos 80 into this. Now that it is upstairs and I can hear this system simultaneously with my other Sonos zones in the kitchen and bedrooms. I find there is a very serious delay with the 561 zone, I'm guessing about half a second, or one medium length sung word. I switched Sonos players and it is the same. Since one of Sonos technical strengths is perfect syncing, and the four other zones are in sync, I have to assume that the 561 is very slow at processing. I suppose this could have been like this when it was in the media room, but it was hard to hear that zone at the same time as the others. An added wrinkle is that in the media room I was using analog speakers, and I have now replaced them with DSP33s. I have checked the 561 settings and lip sync is zero. Any other settings I may be missing or other ideas?
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
Try Sonos direct to DSP-33's just to see if the delay is still there.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 959
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 959 |
I have no problem with a SONOS and an 861...
Audio: Triad Monitor Golds, Surround Golds, Silver Subwoofers; Procella P-18 Subwoofer; QSC DCA 16622s, 1644, 3422, BASIS 922uz; ADA MACH IV B Other: APC S-15s; Crestron Sources and Video: Ran out of characters .....................
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
Try Sonos direct to DSP-33's just to see if the delay is still there. I did try that and couldn't get it to work at all, no sound at all from the speakers.
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87 |
I think in Squeezecentre you can play with the sync on multi-room setups. Does Sonos have the same ?
Worth remembering that depending on how far away the other room is, you may get a slight delay also due to distance.
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
I have no problem with a SONOS and an 861... Good to know as I have a new to me 861 I just got back from the dealer from upgrading to v4. I haven't had a chance to configure it. Even if that works, I will want to use the 561 in the game room.
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
I think in Squeezecentre you can play with the sync on multi-room setups. Does Sonos have the same ? Sonos is supposed to sync perfectly, I don't think there are any adjustments. Worth remembering that depending on how far away the other room is, you may get a slight delay also due to distance. I can stand in my dining room almost equidistant from the living room speakers and the kitchen speakers.
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 369 |
I have no problem with 5 Sonos zone players syncing, with one ZP80 into my 568.2, another into active speakers, and 3 more ZP100s into passie speakers.
What DSP preset do you use in the 561? Do you have, by any chance, a frame delay set in the 561? (just had to ask).
Good luck.
Main system: Cable, Apple TV, HD621, G68D, AC11, 218, DSP7200SE (L+R), DSP3200 (L+R Rear) 2nd system: Cable, Apple TV, MC200, HD621, 568.2, M3100 (L+R)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
Try Sonos direct to DSP-33's just to see if the delay is still there. I did try that and couldn't get it to work at all, no sound at all from the speakers. Don't use D2 input, you can, but it's little tricky to set up. Just pull the 561 out of D1 and plug in SqueezeBox directly into D1 and don't change anything else. Leave comms connected etc. It should work. There is some delay through any Meridian processor, but not that much. Also try DSP Preset called Direct on 561.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
What DSP preset do you use in the 561? Do you have, by any chance, a frame delay set in the 561? (just had to ask).
Good luck. I just have 2.0.0 preset. By frame delay I take it you mean lip sync delay. I did check that but it is 0.
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
I have no problem with a SONOS and an 861... You saying you have multiple Sonos systems (not connected to Meridian equipment) and they sync fine with 861.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 118 |
[quote=George Mills]Try Sonos direct to DSP-33's just to see if the delay is still there. I did try that and couldn't get it to work at all, no sound at all from the speakers. Don't use D2 input, you can, but it's little tricky to set up. Just pull the 561 out of D1 and plug in SqueezeBox directly into D1 and don't change anything else. Leave comms connected etc. It should work. There is some delay through any Meridian processor, but not that much. Also try DSP Preset called Direct on 561. [/quote] OK, I was trying to use the D2. I'll try the D1 when I get home. I have the Direct preset selected.
Main system (when room is done): 861v4, 7 x DSP33, SW1600, Oppo, Sonos
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
620
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|