Originally Posted by kswanson
No, just the 3xSPDIF mod. We ran it through a 861v4 into DSP5200 L & R, DSP 5000's surrounds and a DSP 5500 hc. I've heard the Oppo measured high for jitter but then you would think the G68 would help that. Maybe the DSP's are adding an extra layer of buffering? I use that player in my 2 channel system running directly into a pair of DSP 5000's and the sound is superb. I can't believe the BDP83 is worse in any way than the earlier Oppos but who knows. I'll find out soon enough since I have one on the way from Oppo to Gary.

Ken


both systems should be plenty revealing enough to spotlight any issues... maybe the 861v4 does a better job of dealing with jitter on the inputs then the G68... hopefully someone will have a fully modded 980 in the San Jose area and is willing to come by for an A/B comparison.