I can say this

buying a blu-ray player equal in price to say the Oppo digital transport edition with 4x SPDIF mod is not even going to come close to what this Oppo will do, it will not be at the same quality level of the Oppo with mods and even the capability (4x SPDIF)

the only thing I would put up against the modded Oppo would be a Pioneer 09FD, and at 2200$ US without region free or 4x SPDIF the price is not a comparison

also my prices are going to be much better than the website for what looks to be a massive powerbuy here

interest via PM, email and posting is 10 fold what the Edge was

any other questions or concerns please post them

anyone here that might have a beta/early adopter Oppo and is interested in the digital transport ed with SPDIF please contact me, I would love to have another opinion out there on the forums before this starts, the other early customer went with the SPDIF mod only(he contacted me and said he would try and post some comments this weekend)

thanks