logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 13 14
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by jfinneru
I personally had a look at one brand new 861 wich new color at the Meridian factory some weeks ago. It was equipped with 4xMHR inputcard.
touch�
I don't believe it and would be astonished if this is the case. Why on Earth would Meridian come up with MMHR and release a new 4xMHR card rather than an MMHR input card? So it can ask new 861 purchasers to buy another card? That's not Meridian's style, nor is illogical card releases. Are you *sure* you weren't looking at the 4x MHR *output* card?


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 38
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 38
To bad I didn't take a pic of it. I honestly cant be absolutely sure it wasn't a 4xMHR output-card, but I do think we asked about the card and RJ45 card, and they wouldn't talk about new cards for 861 at the moment. Anyway, I will get ahold of the HD621 next week, and will ask some more about cards with the Norwegian distributor. Its about time to blow the dust of my Meridian gear. I haven't used it for like decades, or at least it feels like it.


Regards Joern
Editor, Watt Magazine, Norway
Gear: JBL Array 1400, Array 880, Klipsch rs62x4, Velodyne DD18+, 861v6, HD621, Cambridge 752BD, Pana 65VT60, JVC DLA X75, SR 2:35:1 152", Prismasonic, PS3, Xbox360
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by jfinneru
I honestly cant be absolutely sure it wasn't a 4xMHR output-card, but I do think we asked about the card and RJ45 card
Thanks for being candid. I could be wrong, but I would, genuinely, be surprised.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Didn't they need something to test the 4th output on the HD621 (in house any way) smile


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Fiddler #89075 2009-03-09 14:47
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by George Mills
Didn't they need something to test the 4th output on the HD621 (in house any way) smile
That thought had occured to me. Joern didn't say if it was a brand new production box or a development box.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Fiddler #89080 2009-03-09 17:06
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Originally Posted by George Mills
Didn't they need something to test the 4th output on the HD621 (in house any way) smile

Couldn't they test it in house with an appropriate number of DSP loudspeakers with the MMHR input?


Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training.
---
861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Not if they want to do it right with calibration and distance delays.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Fiddler #89082 2009-03-09 17:19
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 227
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 227
Originally Posted by George Mills
Not if they want to do it right with calibration and distance delays.
Yes, that would certainly be true for testing an overall system/solution. But, strictly speaking, I don't think that would be a requirement for testing that the HD621 itself is working correctly.

Dan


Current: Anthem MRX300, B&W Matrix 804 Front L/R, B&W Matrix HTM Center, B&W Matrix 805 Surround L/R, PS3, Squeezebox v3, Popcorn Hour A100

Retired: 568.1, 562v2, 596, 558, DSP5000 Mk1 24/96, DSP5000C Mk1 24/96

Dan W #89085 2009-03-09 21:15
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
It was just a thought guys, no need to be so serious.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Fiddler #89089 2009-03-10 04:17
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Originally Posted by George Mills
Not if they want to do it right with calibration and distance delays.

The test is to see if the output works correctly... that means do the MHR outputs map to the right channel pairs. You're talking about a correctly configured systems.

Two distinctly different tests, with different success criteria.

Last edited by John Kotches; 2009-03-10 04:17. Reason: Just the verbage a little.

Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training.
---
861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)
#89187 2009-03-11 15:23
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
Hi Guys

Anyone using this combination, and ready to report findings yet?

Cheers

George

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 48
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 48
When you've spent money on a new toy it's always difficult to be subjective, I suppose, but I'll try!

The HD621 has really given new life to the my ageing 568.2mm, already owning a 598DP DVD I bought a 2-Way VGA Switch and a 3 Phono Plug to VGA breakout cable then trial and error with plugging phono's to the HD HD621.

I use a PS3 for Blu-Ray and SADC, and a Toshiba XE1 for SD DVD and HD-DVD, uncoupled all the SPIDF's reconfigured the 569.2. The relevant sources were reconfigured to 'Multichannel' and you are ready to go.

It's a no brainer, get one today.. of course the HD Dolby and DTS are impressive, but also vanilla DTS and Dolby and Matrix sources are impoved, the players doing the work and onpassing to PCM, with the 568.2mm distributing to your sound array, mine a mixture one DSP5000C 96.24, Reference KEF's 203 tri-amped and KEF 9000's for surrounds and tactile transducer for the sub 34hz stuff(I dislike sub-woofers).

The steering is better, clarity , ambience ... I realise that I'm not using the 568.2mm for what was is it's primary design but who cares, sign up you will not regret it.

Philip



Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 … 13 14

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 620 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.078s Queries: 39 (0.045s) Memory: 0.8940 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 01:42:40 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS