Now that HD621 is sorted (have placed pre order), need to condider a BR source to go with the Tosh EP35, for me I really want a universal player as I see the G98 being redundant one day when a decent server solution is availble to replace the Sonus (great bit of kit). I also wish to open up the SACD catalogue for me.

Given that the Oppo is not availble in Europe, the Denon DVD A1UDCI may be an option. See that at CES this a bit cheaper now at $3,800 but still a lot of money. Does anyone have a UK price for this.

Given the HD621 will not decode then I assume there is some justification for having a higher quality player to do the decoding and money would not be wasted buying electronics that the HD621 bypassed?

Any thoughts on this, are there other univeral players that I have missed?

David

Last edited by George Mills; 2009-01-12 12:57. Reason: Change subject to cover all BD players

861v6 ID41, HD621, G98, MC200, DSP7200, DSP7200HC, DSP5500 (rears), D2500; Oppo BDP83, PS3,
- Other rooms 3100, F80