|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,467 Likes: 1 |
The Oppo BDP-83 will be the one to beat. Yes, it will be beaten, but perhaps only in audio terms and, then, it might be close. I expect the Oppo to equal any Meridian offering in perceptable video quality and to beat the Meridian in terms of usability (unless Meridian really ups its game in this latter area). I hope so! Been limping along with the first gen Sony BR player and would really like to replace it - but none of the subsequently released players do enough to warrant a move. I also would like to be able to get down to two spinners: 800 for CD and DVD-A and the Oppo (hopefully) for DVD, BR and SACD. The latter assumes a switch-box 3xSPDIf output (which will hopefully be as good as my current DVDUpgrades 3xSPDIF modified player). Hopefully the Oppo appears around CES.
My Kit: 861v8+ID41, 800v4, UHD722, MD600, MS600, MS200, Oppo BDP-203, Genesis 201, Genesis 350 SE, Genesis S4-8 Sub, BG 520i, VTL MB450 II, Krell Showcase 7, Genesis 928 Subs, Danley DTS10 sub, SVS Ultra 16 subs.
|