logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
Originally Posted by a@a.com
do you think when the new filters are rolled out the update to the g68 will wipe out mrc profiles?
I don't see why it should.
Remember that Meridian don't even let you download the MRC filters from a G68 when doing a "fetch" so I wouldn't bet on anything.


Malcolm
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by malcolmw
Remember that Meridian don't even let you download the MRC filters from a G68 when doing a "fetch"
I think this is purely because the filters are derived from measurements which are not stored in the G68 and there is not much that MConfig can do with these by themselves.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Correct the analysis of the measurment data along with the chosen target is all done on the PC.

Everytime you send a config down to the G68/861 you are sending down the filters in your config file.

I can understand them not retreiving the measurement data from the G68 but I don't understand why the filters are not retrieved. But it's really no biggy.

Your Mconfig file on the PC should always be thought of as the "Master" (NOT THE PROCESSOR FLASH).

Even if Meridian did ensist on redoing MRC with new apodizing filters I suspect it would be for good reason and I don't see it as a big deal.

MOST Every time smile I run MRC I learn a little more and get a little better at it.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
I would imagine new filters to impact sound quality not room response.


Rgds,
Nick


Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Cyberman, NeilG, bxd), 806 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.055s Queries: 23 (0.033s) Memory: 0.8455 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 20:39:02 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS