Originally Posted by howiebrou
Is there any reason to buy a 861 over the G68 then? (Apart from visual continuity with another 800 series product?). I am intrigued by the room correction aspect and was considering a 861 at a later stage but the lack of HMDI concerns me somewhat.

howie

The main features of the 861 (and have always been) are Meridian's support for upgrades. 861 will usually be first to get new technology. 861 will usually offer more. Once a new feature is released it is often trickled down in a more cost effective package. It usually isn't that long a period that the 861 stays in this position. But I think the whole HDMI, DVD-A, BD vs HD put a kink in the pipeline. Now that those issues are sorted out I suspect the pipeline will be resumed.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2