If we look at the number of posts/threads dedicated to "help me" or "can't get MRC to work," then M should realize that they need to develop a more robust interface. I typically spend 10-15% of my time retyping speakers and checking connections or breaking and reconnecting to ensure all speakers are working and communicating.


Nick's comment regarding "Clearly sometimes one needs a helping hand." is asbolute truth. I had Andy call me to explain his situation and tried to help him over the phone. Unfortuntely, it wasn't straight forward and necessitated a visit. This is typical, unfortunately, of unsupported Meridian owners. I personally would have preferred to have his local dealer perform the proper set up and calibration, but they weren't qualified/capable (let's not get off on this dead horse tangent again). To futher Nick's point, the helping hand is very project specific and the Wiki can only help to some degree. Getting back to the basics (and I do it all the time when I'm stuck) allows you to go through the process of elimination and verify the obvious (which is usually the problem) -- e.g., I'm at the Comcast office ordering service and equipment for a 8 TV system and listened to a client explain that this was her 3rd trip to the office and still can't get her new service to work. I volunteered to follow her and take a quick look. The problem was the source input setting and I was done inside 3 minutes (I took off my shoes so not to get snow in the house. Otherwise it would have been faster). It's usually the obvious oversight that's tripping us up. With MRC, I found it to be the sensitivity setting and the FW version.


Feel free to PM me if you have a specific problem, but room set up is more important than our equipment. In less than ideal rooms we just make due with what we have and can be surprised on how good M kit can sound when properly set up.


Jay