logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 32 1 2 … 29 30 31 32
Njal #66261 2007-11-14 22:05
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Thanks Njål. It's a funny thing, but I suspect already that in replacing my 5000s with the F80 I'm going to listen to a lot more music...


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
VirusKiller #66262 2007-11-14 22:43
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Sorry Joel, but I did mention about two weeks ago that the F80 will play any 96/24 DVD-V, just like any DVD player will

As ever when listening to 96/24 it makes me so pissed that Hi Res Audio looks dead in the water



-
Ronnie #66271 2007-11-15 06:43
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by RHurley
Sorry Joel, but I did mention about two weeks ago that the F80 will play any 96/24 DVD-V, just like any DVD player will
Sorry Ronnie, I missed that blush . Gets a bit difficult with these long threads...


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
VirusKiller #66276 2007-11-15 08:38
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
There is some very useful hints from 'Mother' in the Wiki


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Ian #66282 2007-11-15 10:03
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
I have added info on the F80 in the Wiki


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
Ian #66403 2007-11-19 03:23
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 34
STA Offline
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 34
Hi:

I hope this question wasn't answered before.

Reading through previous post it seems F80 sold in UK is region free. My local dealer (I'm from Taiwan) also said the unit is region free. However the price was too hight so I'm looking to buy from US.

However my US dealer told me the Meridian USA respond the unit is NOT region free. I understand Meridian must officially say it's Region 1, but can any US user confirm about the region status of the F80 sold in US?

Thanks,

STA #66437 2007-11-20 12:45
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
OK, I can tell you how good the headphone amp on the F80 is.

I set up my redundant 557 and A500's in my office and pluged the F80 Headphone amp in.

Wow!!! I can now demo them easily (They are for sale) as you get an idea of how good they can be.

Lesser Radios sound a bit rubbish this way, background hiss and weak bass.
Not the F80, It sounds great.

Food for thought, Chris smile

Last edited by chrislayeruk; 2007-11-20 17:06.

No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

ChrisLayerUK #66672 2007-11-26 06:25
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 691
Likes: 4
Formerly Meridian506
Paranoid android
Formerly Meridian506
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 691
Likes: 4
It looks like the F80 is available on general release in the USA now. The front cover of the Audio Advisor catalogue is a red F80 and it's available for $3k from here: http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MEF80

Shame that we already bought DSP5200s for the living room instead.


Living room: DSP5000.3
WFH Office: M33
Bedroom: P200ZQ
GoodOldDog #66676 2007-11-26 11:18
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,014
Well I wouldn't worry about your D5200 purchase

Good as the F80 is, the D5200's will seriously outperform it. In terms of Stereo Separation, Bass Depth & dynamics and all around Musicality the D5200's are superb and are a serious upgrade over the F80

Money well spent and you should have no regrets IMHO!!!


Last edited by RHurley; 2007-11-26 11:22.

-
Ronnie #66689 2007-11-26 17:19
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 691
Likes: 4
Formerly Meridian506
Paranoid android
Formerly Meridian506
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 691
Likes: 4
Definitely. It was more of a shame for the local dealer (and M too I guess), as since July/August when they were claiming to have stock in < 4 weeks, they dropped off the face of the earth with keeping us updated. I took our $ to Audiogon instead smile



Living room: DSP5000.3
WFH Office: M33
Bedroom: P200ZQ
VirusKiller #66789 2007-11-28 18:24
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 65
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
Is the F80 manual online anywhere?
Anyone?

It's recently appeared on Mother's media site....
F80 User Manual

As owners have said, not your usual Meridian manual.

TomOSmith #66792 2007-11-28 19:13
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Thanks Tom. I now have the real thing of course... grin


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Page 31 of 32 1 2 … 29 30 31 32

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Colin Triggs, TKimages), 433 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.078s Queries: 40 (0.038s) Memory: 0.8925 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 09:57:36 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS