Oh boy. grin

I live within walking distance of the Bow Brickhill FM transmitter (which is actually in the middle of Woburn Golf Course). Signal strength with the telescopic aerial is unsurprisingly outstanding and FM is therefore the preferred choice for (BBC) Radios 1 through 4. DAB reception is also excellent with the telescopic. I will try out The Jazz as you suggest Chris. I don't have to tell most people on this forum about the clarity of this thing... The folk stuff on Mike Harding's Radio 2 show tonight was beautiful.

I've just played my usual audition CD and, yes, my jaw is on the floor again. This product really does have no right to sound this good. I've also had one moment (Sting - The Soul Cages - Mad about you) where a sound came at me from the side. Amazing.

I can sum up the F80 in one word: astonishing. I just need to hook up my 562V.2 so I can play my Squeezebox and vinyl ( laugh ).

Oh, the Grigio Silverstone (graphite grey) looks just like the Aston Martin metallic silver. Cool.


Now then...

I wonder if anyone else has spotted this? I was playing the CD and pressed standby. I then pressed standby again and, for a fleeting moment, 96kHz came up in the display. This is quite repeatable and most interesting; the manual only mentions 44.1 and 48kHz... I have also been told that the optical input won't accept 96/24, but I think I'm going to give it a shot anyway. If that doesn't work, I can only assume that the F80 plays 96/24 DTS or 96/24 DVD-V.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.