logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#56769 2007-05-15 09:44
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 547
Tim Offline
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 547
Quote
Originally posted by ncpl:
VK,

I've just ordered the digital only SB+. Even if there was an equivilant Transporter I don't like how it looks. I'll let you know how it goes when I get it......
Nick, I'd be interested in getting your feedback on the SB+. You currently run a SB3 don't you?

I emailed Patrick Dixon and the SB+ (digital only) sells for �800, seems a bargain..

thanks,
Tim


RoPieee Allo DigiOne Signature, 561, DSP5000, DSP33, SW1600, M3.
HH1 Number 48
#56770 2007-05-17 13:25
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 202
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 202
When you gave up the 598 in favor of the squeezebox, did you give up DVD-A? I am in a simalar position deciding if I want to have a Meridian transport.


G68J, HD621, Oppo 103d, 3xDSP5000, 2xM60 Rears, D2500, Linn LP12, Nova Phenomena phono amp
Brad
#56771 2007-05-17 18:06
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
Brad,

FWIW 1 - I still use my 598 for DVD-V and DVD-A. However, it is very very rare that I put a CD into it.

FWIW 2 - the performance of the 598 on both DVD formats is still tremendous

Tim,
Yes, I am using SB3 currently and the price of the SB+ is really quite paletable (relative to most things owned on this forum wink ).

I'll report back when I have it for sure.


Rgds,
Nick


#56772 2007-05-17 19:02
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Nick,

I assume your 598 has SDI after those comments. Because any modern DVD player with SDI or HDMI will do quite a bit better than 598 Component output. Adding SDI to 598 made a huge improvement.

I gave up my 598 and DVD-A for a PS3. I didn't care for PS3 for CD because I didn't like having to turn on the TV to browse CD's. I was planning on an HD-DVD player to serve as a replacement CD player but tried the SqueezeBox 3 first.

I've been so happy with Blu-Ray PS3 and SqueezeBox I have not been tempted to buy the HD-DVD player. Yet any way.

I'm still waiting/hoping Ron will bring over his XA2.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Colin Triggs), 594 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.080s Queries: 22 (0.038s) Memory: 0.8406 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 17:21:59 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS