Hi howiebrou,

If I were you, I would contact Meridian and ask where the nearest dealer is that could demo an 808i for you. If a dealer doesn't have one, then M can get a demo unit sent out for you. This is their premium player so I'd expect them to respond well to the request.

IMHO, it would be unwise to spend �808i or $808i (not sure where you are) without deciding for yourself whether the extra was worth it for the pre-amp inputs.

If the demo blows your socks off and handles a couple of other sources (of your chosing) in a way that puts a smile on your face, then you'll know what to do.

Unfortunately, I think there are so few members of this forum with 808's of either configuration, that you'll not get too many views back from direct users.

Would really like to know what you decide to do though

cheers


Rgds,
Nick