VK, my testing methodolgy, while not blind, reveals the minutest nuances of the kit.

What I do is rip samples of sound - eg a bell clanging, a piano being tinkled etc - samples which cover the gamut of requirements - bass, midrange, treble, transparency, presencs, dynamics etc - I then sit there and listen to a loop over and over and over until the sound is etched into my brain and THEN I switch live to the next product which is also running the same samples - I then listen to that loop for a while - and then switch back and forth. It's amazing how easy it becomes to distinguish differences with this method - there is no opportunity for faulty memories to cloud the tests. I take care to ensure things like volumes are identical and that all cables are identical. I'd do this double blind if I could get somebody to sit down and do the tests with me...

Mark