Just demoed it at PJHifi. I was expecting more somehow. The discs I had been enjoying in the car didn't seem to involve me in the same way. Top end seemed less crystal crisp and tinkly, the bass more boomy and flatulent than I'd hoped. I played with the different modes, took it off the shelf and onto the floor and back to see how that might affect it and still couldn't get it to where I liked it. And I did want to like it.

Admittedly, I am not familiar with the unit and it is possible - even likely, given the rave reviews from the factory visitors - that I was not getting the best out of it. The demonstrator was pretty unfamiliar with the unit himself; he was unaware that there was a remote for it, nor did he seem keen to remove it from its cellophane packet when he did retrieve the box for me to read the manual. He also appeared to be as new to the room modes as I was when I rooted down the menu for them. In his defence he had just come back from his holiday and I did ask to see it on shortish notice.

In all other respects, it was a slick bit of kit, but at no point did I ever feel that I was listening to anything other than a bosebox.

As bedside radio-alarm clock, I didn't notice whether it some kind of battery backup, like the Tivoli, should there be a power outage in the night.


Main System: Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 2 x 8KXE, 1 x 8KPP, 6 x M6 Surrounds, Rel No.25, Oppo 203, Zappiti Pro 4K HDR, Roon, WiiM Mini.