logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#55754 2007-05-28 21:01
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 106
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 106
Maybe the G95 is not for you.

However my mate has now purchased one..

He does not care for DVD-A just wanted a device that could play his DVD's and CD's and have one box system that would give him great sound.

He tested a Arcam solo against the G95 and the G95 blew the arcam into orbit.

He's happy and so is his wife (less boxes)

Maybe a G91 with external amps would suit you however for him he was happy with what was provided.

Great soun and a great picture with no complicated DSP modes to go through.

He's not very technical so the G95 is just right for him.


I have listened to his system now it's all installed and it does sound one great bit of kit.

maybe Meridian are right in missing out these feature's, sometime we have to remember we know more on whats going on in the hifi and video world, most of the public go DVD what? when we say DVD-A or DSP, whats that?.

Michael.

#55755 2007-05-29 16:41
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,977
Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,977
Likes: 200
You're absolutely right, the G95 sounds stunning - and the picture quality is brilliant too.

I also wanted a one-box solution to replace all my 500 series kit. I had the money ready to buy one - but then news of the DVD-A omission appeared in the press (without that story I would have already purchased one).

I know I'm probably in a minority of one, but I'm a 1970's throwback and fondly remember the pleasure derived from CD-4 'discrete' music. DVD-A is the modern equivalent. For me, the G95 was as much about music as movies. A simple explanation by Meridian might have calmed my fevered brow - so now I'm looking elsewhere at Naim, Arcam, Linn, and even Yamaha (where universal players are offered, with room correction, faroudja processing, video and audio upscaling - and Trifield - at a quarter of the price).

Even so, it's extremely difficult to part with Meridian after all this time.


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff
#55756 2007-05-29 21:20
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 38
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 38
the Meridian site says DVD-Audio on G95. Am I missing something? I do have one at home now for reviewing, so I will check it out for myself.


Regards Joern
Editor, Watt Magazine, Norway
Gear: JBL Array 1400, Array 880, Klipsch rs62x4, Velodyne DD18+, 861v6, HD621, Cambridge 752BD, Pana 65VT60, JVC DLA X75, SR 2:35:1 152", Prismasonic, PS3, Xbox360
#55757 2007-05-29 21:43
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Can you give a full review whilst your about it?

General impressions etc, No pressure lol.

Cheers, Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (TSCA), 219 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
GMT 6
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,162
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.040s Queries: 23 (0.016s) Memory: 0.8394 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-05 06:18:28 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS