I read that too, but I feel Meridian know exactly what they are doing. Reading the 2007 Q&A I know they are opting for a full solution and not half dressed one.
I think they are in more deeply with HDMI than Theta or other specialist manufacturers.
HDMI 1.1 sound good on paper but how does it sound compared to MHR from a G91?
Think of what technology True HD from Dolby is, it is MLP. The public is fast to talk manufacturers down quickly on forums, because we want everything at our fingertips now! But these things take time. A complete 1.3 reciever practically working with every 1.3 transmitter and TrueHD/Master HD will not come tomorrow.
I want a G80 networked Audio/Video server with Gigabit ethernet for NAS/iSCSI connection perhaps with HD-DVD/Blu-Ray slot. But that will take time, I do hope there is a market for High-End servers with good reliability and performance but time will tell. Kaleidescape is ahead there as of now.
We go from Optical disc to storing everyhing on network connected drives and downloading what we want, but when is it feasible for a HighEnd manufacturer to make that transition?
DSP8000SE, DSP7200SEHC, DSP5200SE sides, DSP7200SE rears, 861v8, 210, Sim2 Ultranero 4, Stewart Cinecurve 2.35:1, XEIT CM-5E Anamorphic lens, Dune HD Duo Cinema 8K and Wireworld Platinum 48G HDMI -> UHD722 -> Shunyata Omega Ethernet. Shunyata/Furutech power-cables/filters. SR Master Fuse@861v8. Uptone Etherregen with 10MHz OCXO clock.
|