Quote
Originally posted by Keep it Simple:
If what you say is correct, then Meridian will be the first company to offer a boombox-sized table stereo that can outperform an excellent 2ch, $3k system that does not have to bend the laws of physics to satisfy a small form factor.
The F80 is astonishing in terms of the purity and resolution of its sound and its ability to fill a room. I will make the following points:

1) In many real world rooms you are going to be limited by the room. For instance, my kitchen has hard surfaces everywhere and I think that anything would sound sibilant. In other words, the best room for the F80 would be one in which you would put your main hifi in anyway.

2) You are not going to get decent stereo imaging in comparison with a conventional hifi.

3) The demo was clearly done with great quality sources that showed off the F80's true potential. As always, lesser (i.e. most) source material won't sound as good.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.