KIS I think you are missing the point here- there is a solid cross over of Ferrari and Meridian customer bases that is interested in lifestyle products. Thats why modern Ferrari road cars are not as troublesome and loaded up with the amenities that people want for their daily lives. I think its a very shrewd move by both companies with little downside to either if it doesnt work. The thing that makes this go is apparently the carbon fiber enclosure- small, light weight and rigid. There are many companies that have experience with it, but none with the cachet of Ferrari, and Meridian apparently have some links to Ferrari in the past. IMHO this makes sense to give a try.
I personally do not have much interest in this device as I do not see it fitting above or below or even near any kind of display and we have in ceiling speakers already in areas we want just some background music. I also do not find its shape very exciting- its not terrible, but its kind of boring. I have some friends who have commented it's very European looking and will work there but not here in the US. I am very curious to see where this leads...
best regards,
Jerry