|
|
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639 |
Originally posted by sns: Anyone have any idea when the F80 is out in the States? I'm wondering the same - Did Bob mention anything about the US version using XM radio? I'd be interested in looking at this connected to iTunes... ken
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 383
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 383 |
Originally posted by sns: even my wife now wants one for her office...
Stereophile: "Meridian equipment has tended to look quite conservative in recent years..." couldn't disagree more. Unless comparing to the horrid Shanley.....
I think the boy Messenger has a point. The G series does look a little anonymous; without the logo the boxes could be mistaken for Arcam. Mark S
Mark Short
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 517
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 517 |
M kit : G08 502 557 507 2xDSP5k
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1 |
I have posted info on the F80 in the larger Hi-fi & Home Theater forums in Sweden.
The interest can be measured in degrees Kelvin.
HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579 Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579 Likes: 22 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Without knowing what was said, I can kind of understand why.
The F80 is a product that, from what I have personal listening experience, performs far in excess of what you expect it to. Until you have heard it, it does not on paper appear to tick many of the 'right' boxes. The danger is whether its audio performance or design qualities are something that an individual would appreciate.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 148
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 148 |
Let's not forget that it will cost $3k. I have a Klipsch iFi connected to a Sonos in the bedroom. It sounds wonderful, especially for $300 (not including the Sonos). Even at $600 with the Sonos, I wonder how much better it will sound, never mind the fact that it actually won't fit on any of my shelves in my bedroom.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
You have no idea as to how the F80 sounds untill you listen. Real instruments in real space!! It is simply stunning, it has raised the bar as to what can be achieved and will last you a lifetime. In the end, if its not for you, dont buy it. Cheers, Chris 
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87 |
never mind the fact that it actually won't fit on any of my shelves in my bedroom I'm surprised that's not a thread all by itself. The nerve of them to design it that way [just kidding....olive branch.....honest]
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 116
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 116 |
SWMBO says she wants one but does not know the price yet! I think she may change her mind when she finds out but fingers crossed if it really is as good as the lucky few say it is I might just have to bite my lip and but one.
Control:15, DSP7200SE's, MS200, F80 Director not in use
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
You will want some Lip salve ready Gavin, perhaps with a Ferrari logo on the case. Cheers, Chris 
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868 Likes: 13
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868 Likes: 13 |
Gavin, I was told it was 14.95 :-))
Having bought it, well sorry dear
Under review
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
1,470
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|