logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 32 1 2 … 16 17 18 19 20 … 31 32
#52711 2007-03-04 16:56
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 594
Likes: 14
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 594
Likes: 14
As a general rule on road trips, whoever is doing the boring driving chooses the tunes. I would have thought the same applied to ironing - except of course if it involves Abba, for which there can never be any forgiveable excuse.


Main System: Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 2 x 8KXE, 1 x 8KPP, 6 x M6 Surrounds, Rel No.25, Oppo 203, Zappiti Pro 4K HDR, Roon, WiiM Mini.
#52712 2007-03-04 16:59
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Quote
Originally posted by Mr Meridian:
After yet another domestic encounter of the fraught kind this morning, regarding Pink Floyd, "the final cut" playing on the big boys whilst I was tackling the laundry in the next room, my mind is made up. F80 from the first batch, thanks. (possibly followed by a divorce at my instigation mad )

That heavy duty build quality could also make for a superb bludgeon...

F*@$*^!!!!

George
So I'm not the only one that can't blast pink floyd with out getting into fight. I rarely play music with the wife around.

Now if Meridian could come up with something Females can't hear but men can that would really be something.

Perhaps they could track female pheromones and with DSP technology direct music cancelation waves in her location. I could have her carry a tracker device until you get the pheromones thing working.

Also as soon as she speaks, what the male is listening to must be immediately paused. I know, I know you won't get much music in with this feature but's it's required. Low latency is critical too.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
#52713 2007-03-05 01:04
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
Quote
Originally posted by Mr Meridian:
After yet another domestic encounter of the fraught kind this morning, regarding Pink Floyd, "the final cut" playing on the big boys whilst I was tackling the laundry in the next room, my mind is made up.
Pink Floyd - Money works...

ken

#52714 2007-03-05 12:16
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 517
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 517


M kit : G08 502 557 507 2xDSP5k
#52715 2007-03-05 13:05
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 594
Likes: 14
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 594
Likes: 14
Definitely bludgeon-worthy.


Main System: Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 2 x 8KXE, 1 x 8KPP, 6 x M6 Surrounds, Rel No.25, Oppo 203, Zappiti Pro 4K HDR, Roon, WiiM Mini.
#52716 2007-03-05 15:34
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 416
I felt Bob was in and out of this one. He gave a better performance in #1.

That composite cabinet is an impressive piece of engineering.

#52717 2007-03-05 16:02
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 691
Likes: 4
Formerly Meridian506
Paranoid android
Formerly Meridian506
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 691
Likes: 4
I still can't decide if it's good value or not - at 1500ukp it seems a near bargain, but at say $3000 it seems expensive! I guess after 5 years out here, I still haven't totally adjusted smile

(Currently sitting in the local Mini dealer waiting for my Oxford built car to be serviced)


Living room: DSP5000.3
WFH Office: M33
Bedroom: P200ZQ
#52718 2007-03-05 16:38
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
My trouble is, I dont see any 2nd hand bargains appearing anytime soon.

We await the third part of the Trillogy with a certain excitment.

Will Bob feel compelled to make a Prequal?

Watch this space.

Cheers, Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

#52719 2007-03-05 18:17
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 347
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 347
Likes: 1
Quote
Originally posted by rblnr:
I felt Bob was in and out of this one. He gave a better performance in #1.
I thought it was Bernie Ecclestone...


System 1:
568.2MM, G98DH, Denon DVD-A1XV, Sony CDP-228ES, UHD722, D5KC, D5500.2K, DSP33, Sony UDP-800, AppleTV 4K, Sony KE85XH9096BU

System 2:
562V, M20, AppleTV

System 3
501, 555, AppleTV, Acoustic Energy AE1
#52720 2007-03-05 18:54
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 101
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 101
Quote
Originally posted by markqv:
[QUOTE]I thought it was Bernie Ecclestone...
Nahhhh...Bob's hair was combed.


iMac --> ATV --> 568.1 --> M33 LCR + M555 --> AIM8Five + B&W PV1 + Panny 50" HD
iMac --> Apogee Duet --> Neumann KH120A
Anapeg SD11 Pedal Steel Guitar --> Hardwire RV7/DL8 --> Telonics FP100 Volume Pedal --> Little Walter Tube Amp --> Telonics Cab + Eminence EPS-15C
#52721 2007-03-05 19:44
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Rear-mounted sub-woofer - could it get a little f*rty near the bedroom wall? Was it adjustable?

But I just learnt a lot about barium and sound-deadening from t'internet......


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
#52722 2007-03-05 20:33
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
Quote
Originally posted by gianni:
But I just learnt a lot about barium
Reassuring to know that if you accidentally swallow your F80, it will show up nicely on an X-Ray!

Cheers

George

Page 18 of 32 1 2 … 16 17 18 19 20 … 31 32

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 371 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,184
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.052s Queries: 39 (0.028s) Memory: 0.8919 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 05:48:33 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS