logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 32 1 2 … 15 16 17 18 19 … 31 32
#52699 2007-03-04 00:47
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 347
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 347
Likes: 1
Is there any substance to the rumour that the F80 features a 'Freeplay' wind-up generator?


System 1:
568.2MM, G98DH, Denon DVD-A1XV, Sony CDP-228ES, UHD722, D5KC, D5500.2K, DSP33, Sony UDP-800, AppleTV 4K, Sony KE85XH9096BU

System 2:
562V, M20, AppleTV

System 3
501, 555, AppleTV, Acoustic Energy AE1
#52700 2007-03-04 07:27
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
I like this thread. Its getting like a Jerry Springer show.

I shalln't be buying an F80, but I think M are doing the right thing for their business.

I still want to see a DSP F599 (spot the ferrari reference) style speaker with processing built in, slot loader DVD and 1tb hotswap hard drive built in (plus wireless and ethernet connection to other speakers and kit).

Now THAT I would pay for..... let's hope the margins on the F80 ar huge and pay for the R&D on a F599.

Cheers

A


Video Sources: Cheap Samsung BluRay, Xbox One, Virgin TiVo HD
Audio source: Hifiberry DIGI on Raspberry pi running
max2play.
Music server: MacMini '06 running iTunes library
Output (3.0): G61R, HDmax421, DSP5000, DSP33C and Samsung 29in LCD
#52701 2007-03-04 08:49
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Quote
Originally posted by VirusKiller:

A difficult decision I know (who says iPods are going to last for ever?) but it would have been one less thing to carry around.
Are you going to carry the F80 around? That will build up your muscles wink

People also forget that there is more than one iPod dock around. So people can choose from the expensive one or the even more expensive video iPod dock.

I personally think its crazy to put an external aerial on it wink Why could this not have been build in so I didn't have to carry the F80, and iPod dock, a mains lead, an external FM aerial, an external DAB aerial, a CD, a DVD, a video cable, a audio cable and a little black carry bag wink


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
#52702 2007-03-04 09:49
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
...and a TV... wink


HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
#52703 2007-03-04 10:40
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Ian, I think an airiel is built in, just you may need a better one in some circumstances.
I could be wrong on this point, but Bob loves antenni.
I thought the F80 antenna would look good on my Pure Dab radio I am using now. Discreet and powerfull.
The first F80 owners who dont want their antenna,could get in touch. A deal could be done.

Cheers, Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

#52704 2007-03-04 10:43
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 13
MI' Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 13
Hi, I believe Chris is correct, that an aerial is built in. The need for an external aerial has been catered for.

Regards


Under review
#52705 2007-03-04 11:19
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Third correction of the day!

I forgot that the DAB aerial was built in but did remember Bobs enthusiasm for aerials. I personally like the idea of the F80 with an aerial on it.

My only transgression into DAB was the Pace USB affair - a very brief encounter. Hopefully DAB has stronger transmission now as the Pace aerial was about 1m long and struggled to pick up pretty much anything.

I forgot about the TV. Thankfully the F80 doesn't have HDMI or component out otherwise you would also have to pack a projector and a screen too wink


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
#52706 2007-03-04 12:20
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Ian, I have a cheap Goodmans DAB in car tuner.
Reception is very good now generaly, except for some reason on the M11.

AS for broadcast quality, thats a differant picture.
I find Radio 2 is much more dynamic on this tuner with FM as opposed to Dab.
It would be interesting to compare on the F80.

Radio 2 sounds great via my 518 at home.

The Jazz, sounds great and its only in Mono on DAB. Very low bit rate but using the latest Codecs I am told. (Bob Rates it)

I listen more and more because of the Content.

BBC7, Mono again but sounds great Via my 518. The content wins again.

Bob seems to have a point about content.

As for streaming clients, well thats my DAB radio. Plenty of choice and surprises, No ripping, no technical knowledge required, No computer to have runing, I like it!

Cheers, Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

#52707 2007-03-04 13:05
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
After yet another domestic encounter of the fraught kind this morning, regarding Pink Floyd, "the final cut" playing on the big boys whilst I was tackling the laundry in the next room, my mind is made up. F80 from the first batch, thanks. (possibly followed by a divorce at my instigation mad )

That heavy duty build quality could also make for a superb bludgeon...

F*@$*^!!!!

George

#52708 2007-03-04 15:51
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
I dunno, some women just don't know they're born. Hubby doing the laundry should qualify for lots of the big sounds all morning.....surely wink

I bet it was the intro to "Get your filthy hands of my desert" that did it.


Rgds,
Nick


#52709 2007-03-04 16:49
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053
Likes: 1
Just proves the point that men shouldn't do laundry.


HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
#52710 2007-03-04 16:51
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
And of course you'll need an F-80 for when you're doing the ironing laugh

~M~


Mostly harmless. Comfortably numb.
Page 17 of 32 1 2 … 15 16 17 18 19 … 31 32

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,008 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.123s Queries: 38 (0.097s) Memory: 0.8926 MB (Peak: 2.2161 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 04:45:15 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS