|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
Any Offers for a T shirt.............lol 
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
Gotta fund a NEW F80 somehow............. What!!! Your not shocked are you MarkH Chris 
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403 |
Ahhhh ....must stop starting posts with hmmmm .....
If its that good then I can see the G series falling like a stone in value ......
Ohhh but it can't be that good can it .....
In which case .... its not that good .....
Wasn't that my point?
Errrr .....
Video Sources: Cheap Samsung BluRay, Xbox One, Virgin TiVo HD Audio source: Hifiberry DIGI on Raspberry pi running max2play. Music server: MacMini '06 running iTunes library Output (3.0): G61R, HDmax421, DSP5000, DSP33C and Samsung 29in LCD
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 101
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 101 |
Hmmmm...Ok, I'll bite - _how_ good does the F80 sound?
Is there additional DSP that mimics the Yamaha DSP-800 engine? ie, does it produce a wide soundstage as if the speakers were separated by feet rather than inches? Or does it sound really good in terms of a tabletop radio?
Would any of the hikers who heard it consider it a main, 2 channel system killer?
Thanks...gregg (_could_ be convinced)
iMac --> ATV --> 568.1 --> M33 LCR + M555 --> AIM8Five + B&W PV1 + Panny 50" HD iMac --> Apogee Duet --> Neumann KH120A Anapeg SD11 Pedal Steel Guitar --> Hardwire RV7/DL8 --> Telonics FP100 Volume Pedal --> Little Walter Tube Amp --> Telonics Cab + Eminence EPS-15C
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 148
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 148 |
All I can say about this device is "good luck with that." If it is one thing I can't stand it's when a company exploits consumer loyalty. Hopefully it comes prepacked with Meridian branded KY.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
Keep it Simple,
If you have not heard the F80 I'd reserve your comments like that.
And regarding customer loyalty. How often do companies open their doors on Saturday to host their customers for an inside tour.
I'll tell you, never !!!
Geesh.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
Hmmmmmmm Its me again Well, I Heard it and it has a great soundstage. F80 : It is A portable device. The best Portable device you EVER Heard!!! It has No Competion in the Marketplace. Bob asked us to shut our eyes and Imagine what kind of traditional speakers we thought of. It was impresive. A fellow Hiker in the room with me said after the Demo; 'I play Sax and I thought we had a player in the room with us'. Music sounding Real? That will do for me. This will lead to more people exploring Proper Hi-Fi, Meridian especialy. That has to be a good thing, A Riseing Tide raises all ships. Cheers, Chris 
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 101
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 101 |
Chris,
Did you guys have any clue as to what it looked before Bob demo'ed the sound? ie, a "blind" listening test?
...gregg
iMac --> ATV --> 568.1 --> M33 LCR + M555 --> AIM8Five + B&W PV1 + Panny 50" HD iMac --> Apogee Duet --> Neumann KH120A Anapeg SD11 Pedal Steel Guitar --> Hardwire RV7/DL8 --> Telonics FP100 Volume Pedal --> Little Walter Tube Amp --> Telonics Cab + Eminence EPS-15C
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 148
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 148 |
If you have not heard the F80 I'd reserve your comments like that. At that price, it is simply unacceptable. You are paying for prestige - hence the Ferrari badge. And regarding customer loyalty. How often do companies open their doors on Saturday to host their customers for an inside tour. The point you make does not disprove my point that Meridian is exploiting customer loyalty. One could easily say that the Saturday demos actually is exploiting customer loyalty. Who better to promote the virtues of Meridian than its most rabid fans? I
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
Based on other pricing of Tuners, Transports and Speakers, it seems rather cheap for Meridian.
I didn't see a single HH that wasn't pleased as peach for the opportunity. Meridian can exploit me any time. Why don't you let those that were "exploited" speak for them selves.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534
Great Green Arkleseizure
|
|
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,534 |
Good grief guys! There is no doubt that it sounds great. If you like it and want it (and can afford it), buy it. If you don't like it and don't want it, don't buy it. Why all the vitriol? Everybody needs to go listen to some music; better yet, attend a live concert this weekend. Good listening.
561, DSP5500s, DSP5000C, analog sides and rears
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868 Likes: 13
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868 Likes: 13 |
Hi,
Just to confirm others. I heard the F80 and was very pleasantly suprised. The sound was very good indeed and I believe the width of sound stage can be varied. It had, in my view, an analogue presence (warmth) that was uncanny. It was capable of filling the rooms to an acceptable level. I am certain you could spend �1495 and have a less acceptable system. The one reserve I have is its radio performance in other locations.
Under review
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|