Being a current customer and having registered with Meridian (specifically for information on the F80), it would have made me feel more valued as a customer to have received the information prior to some of the sources identified and prior to taking on board any prejudices.

I have no doubt that Meridian do highly value all their customers, but all the same I am now left with the opinion this is a must have gadget for the spend-easy as opposed to a product I am supposed to take seriously.

I thought the concept of marketing was to create desire first, build up the value and only then reveal the price.

At the moment I am meant to be excited at the prospect of spending �1500 on a boom box! Why?

Give me a streaming device with a decent power supply and Meridian Comms and I would gladly pay �1500 just for the Meridian badge (plus the rest of it of course).

p.s. If this product is meant to appeal to the mass market I would have thought the lack of an HDMI output is a grave error. I just don't get the point of a small box that requires a bundle of wires just to connect it to a screen.

Are Meridian just perhaps losing touch with reality?


G91A, DSP5000.3, Explorer