VK,

Re: your #3

I was also following Bob's responses quite closely on the day w.r.t. the streaming question.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but the politician's answer we got, i.e. the answer didn't match the question asked, was more to do with M's policy of not discussing future products. I think Bob chose his answers very carefully on that one and for that reason. Anything else would have been a clear indication of a Meridian streamer in the pipeline.

If I am wrong and there really is no intention of making such a device, then I'll a) be very dissapointed, b) I'll really think that M will have missed a trick....with far greater potential than the F80.

Given the F80 and the potential for other 'interesting devices', and M's expertise in digital audio, this would be a quick win for M....surely ?

Finally, can you really take Bob's comments about silver discs literally ? If that were the case, why on earth would the 880 have ever hit the drawing board ? And that was way, way, way before server music was a twinkle in most hi-fi geeks eyes.

"Are they stupid?"...I don't think so.

IMO...it was poker. Watch this space I say...


Rgds,
Nick