logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 32 1 2 … 6 7 8 9 10 … 31 32
#52587 2007-02-28 18:02
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 517
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 517
This is what I call really elaborate teasing ... smile


M kit : G08 502 557 507 2xDSP5k
#52588 2007-02-28 18:28
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569
Likes: 13
Rodders, This may not be for you. It wont be for everyone.
But Bob talked about the stratergy behind this on our visit.
Its a class leading product and will widen Meridians customer base to spread the word.

Meridian will make money on this to spend on R&D for products you may want in the future.

A Major colaboration with Ferrari.

The sound defies belief, somthing you will agree on even if its not for you.

Sorry its brief reply,

Cheers, Chris smile


No 18 in the Hall of fame smile I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best:
GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone

#52589 2007-02-28 18:40
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
Ian Offline
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950
Likes: 19
I suggested being able to run in mono mode. Then you could buy a couple and use them as DSP speakers.

Shame that initially the F80 cannot be better integrated with existing M kit.

The current version is clearly a standalone unit that is designed to appeal outside current Meridian ownership.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
#52590 2007-02-28 18:42
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
So is there a full picture of the unit?

What about price?

Or are we still in the tease phase?

I'll have to trust other HH's opinions based on their tour that it's amazing. But I can't see it replacing my system. But perhaps an Office, Bedroom or Cottage.

P.S. So where is the HDD? :-)


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
#52591 2007-02-28 18:49
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 959
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 959
Yawn..I do not think that I could be more disappointed...NOW< GIVE ME HDD AND MY G46!


Audio: Triad Monitor Golds, Surround Golds, Silver Subwoofers; Procella P-18 Subwoofer; QSC DCA 16622s, 1644, 3422, BASIS 922uz; ADA MACH IV B
Other: APC S-15s; Crestron
Sources and Video: Ran out of characters .....................
#52592 2007-02-28 19:29
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 160
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 160
Hi George,

Price is approx �1,500 eek

It will make a nice addition in the kitchen and as a bedside clock radio.

Regards........Ian


#13 HH1
#52593 2007-02-28 19:30
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140
Likes: 24
The dealer who I know was briefed did suggest a street price which I will not repeat here in the spirit of the Hitchhiker's non-disclosure agreement. It was significantly less than I had imagined.

I am thinking exactly as suggested above, one for controller and one as a remote speaker unit for wider stereo (like a Tivoli). A good alternative to a pair of DSP3100s in the bedroom.

Also there may be hope for those who want a plug-in card for AM/FM and DAB for their 861s. The minature circuit boards must surely be transferrable?


In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
#52594 2007-02-28 19:32
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816
Likes: 87
Office, Bedroom or Cottage....is exactly the target location for this unit.

I think the initial reaction at the Hiker day visit was similar to Joel's...i.e. "what's that ?!?!?!....I wanted a ......"

However, what this unit actually does is really quite spectacular. So much so that you heard about 40 jaws hitting the floor that day.

Whether everyone here wants one remains to be seen, but, I can say that I know of at least 5 households that are not 'hi-fi folk' that'll be taking a very good look in the near future.

It's not going to be cheap-as-chips, but, when you see and hear it, I think most folk will see it as sensibly priced...for a Ferrari.

I don't think there are any full frame pics out there yet but I can't believe it'll be long now.


Rgds,
Nick


#52595 2007-02-28 19:39
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 117
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 117
Not excited

#52596 2007-02-28 19:40
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 257
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 257
So it is a Bose radio after all.

I recently bought a DAB radio in the shape of a Marshall guitar amp (complete with second speaker cabinet of course) because I thought it looked cool. Cost was only �100. I haven't actualy really played it though (10 mins tops) as it was a novelty item.

Whether I am in the market for a Meridian radio....? I will listen to one and if the price is right I will perhaps put one in the bedroom. It does have an alarm clock after all.

Please, please, please, roll on the Meridian music streamer


G91A, DSP5000.3, Explorer
#52597 2007-02-28 19:54
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 347
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 347
Likes: 1
I paid �240 for a Sharp ghetto-blaster in 1979 before leaving for Uni' - all things considered, its price compares pretty well to that!


System 1:
568.2MM, G98DH, Denon DVD-A1XV, Sony CDP-228ES, UHD722, D5KC, D5500.2K, DSP33, Sony UDP-800, AppleTV 4K, Sony KE85XH9096BU

System 2:
562V, M20, AppleTV

System 3
501, 555, AppleTV, Acoustic Energy AE1
#52598 2007-02-28 20:00
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
The inescapable fact, when you hear it, is that this is a proper hifi. From memory of my DSP33s, I'd say the F80 is in the same ballpark as '33s and a Meridian CD player driving them. Not if you were sitting plum centre between the '33s, but if you were moving around the room/house you wouldn't be missing much...which is exactly where the F80 is targetted. Now, piano black or silver...

Cheers

George

Page 8 of 32 1 2 … 6 7 8 9 10 … 31 32

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,194
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.056s Queries: 39 (0.032s) Memory: 0.8903 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 16:41:59 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS