|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
|
|
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24 |
Well at least one dealer has been briefed as to what it is.......
In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87 |
lots of dealers have been briefed I expect. M were doing that either side of the visit w/end IIRC
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 206
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 206 |
861v6, G91, DSP8000, DSP5500HC, DSP5000s rears, HTPC, PS3, 2x AppleTV, 4x Airport Express
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Yay. A transistor radio! But boy oh boy - what a great a sounding piece of kit.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 416 |
Understand its function as a teaser, but still love it that instead of sexy product shots, hype on capabilities, etc.; Bob opens holding the guts in his hand. Check out that trannie!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 517
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 517 |
Given it's M kit, it probably is the right way to open  !
M kit : G08 502 557 507 2xDSP5k
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 595 Likes: 1
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 595 Likes: 1 |
Would that be 80 watts per channel or 80 watts total?? Note the absence of anything other than 2 channel plus sub. Seems as though you buy one of these, stick a couple of 300 series speakers on the front wall (possibly a wall sub too) and 'hey bingo' welcome to Meridian of the future Exactly where are Meridian going ? Rod
818v3, QNAP HS-453DX, Roon, 7200SE, ARCAM AVR380, REL B2, Panasonic BD 80, LG OLED, SBox Transporter, iPad, F80. Shunyata Delta NR power cables.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
Rodders, you have missed somthing with this. Cheers,Chris. 
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 595 Likes: 1
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 595 Likes: 1 |
Chris
Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what I have missed because it evades me. In these times of music servers and internet radio stations by the 000's why would you want to buy a glorified trannie? I no longer use the 'radio' section of my G91 now that I have my squeezebox and the same thing goes for CD reproduction. As a Meridian 'starter kit' pricing will determine whether or not it has a future
Rod
818v3, QNAP HS-453DX, Roon, 7200SE, ARCAM AVR380, REL B2, Panasonic BD 80, LG OLED, SBox Transporter, iPad, F80. Shunyata Delta NR power cables.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526 |
Seems like a rather cute little device. I`d be interested to hear it, though can`t imagine ever wanting one for myself. I`ve no real qualms about Meridian branching out with a more integrated (mainstream?) product like that… so long as products like this do not come at the expense of products I do want to see in the near future of course. Curious to know more about the F80 regardless.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,816 Likes: 87 |
Well....I'm b*gg*red if I can get flash player to work !!!! 
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419 |
Its as if Bob was saying "nothing up my sleeves".
Next the magic of Meridian DSP psycho-acoustics!!!
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|