|
|
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 519
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 519 |
If it is not networked or server based I will be dissapointed...
Lumin A1, Shindo Aurieges, Sanders Loudspeakers. DSP5000.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 101
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 101 |
My guess is that it's an all-in-one system w/ music server, CD/DVD, DSP, amps, etc, built into the speakers. No need for an audio rack at all.
iMac --> ATV --> 568.1 --> M33 LCR + M555 --> AIM8Five + B&W PV1 + Panny 50" HD iMac --> Apogee Duet --> Neumann KH120A Anapeg SD11 Pedal Steel Guitar --> Hardwire RV7/DL8 --> Telonics FP100 Volume Pedal --> Little Walter Tube Amp --> Telonics Cab + Eminence EPS-15C
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 594 Likes: 14
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 594 Likes: 14 |
My not-worth-the-price-to-upgrade-or-sell-so-relegated-to-another-room 5000s are already already pretty minimalist with a squeezebox sitting on the right speaker. Would the F80 be in that sort of price range? I somehow doubt it. I get the impression that it might be, as hinted at elsewhere, some kind of luxury boombox whose room correction mode makes life slightly more bearable, and is only affordable, for your average tax-exile doing time in his poky marble-paved Monaco bedsit. I don't even know what it is, nor do I expect anyone to blab, yet I already suspect I'll crave one.
Main System: Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 2 x 8KXE, 1 x 8KPP, 6 x M6 Surrounds, Rel No.25, Oppo 203, Zappiti Pro 4K HDR, Roon, WiiM Mini.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 403 |
dBrowne - LOL ... esp. the Monaco bit ....
Video Sources: Cheap Samsung BluRay, Xbox One, Virgin TiVo HD Audio source: Hifiberry DIGI on Raspberry pi running max2play. Music server: MacMini '06 running iTunes library Output (3.0): G61R, HDmax421, DSP5000, DSP33C and Samsung 29in LCD
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1 |
HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980 Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,980 Likes: 200 |
I defy anyone present at last week's Meridian love-fest to deny their first thought on seeing the F80 was "[censored]: are you stupid?", given the deathly silence in the room....
...but those initial thoughts evaporated once we all actually heard the F80. Meridian aren't stupid at all.
Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.
#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504 #2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia #3: Other stuff
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 160
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 160 |
I think Bob must have been inwardly p***ing himself laughing when he unvieled it and was looking at our faces.
#13 HH1
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
Spinal, you are right! I think they all enjoyed it. I for one, cant wait to see how they 'Toy' with us next. Bring it on Bob. Cheers, Chris 
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 435
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 435 |
Hmm so when is this great unveiling?
3x DSP5200 L, R and C (all vertical), 4x Triad Silver in-wall surrounds and 6x Triad Silver in-ceiling ATMOS speakers, Triad Silver subwoofer, Denon AVR-X8500H, JVC DLA-7500 4K projector and Screen Research 120" AT 2.35:1 screen. Apple TV 4K and Oppo UDP-203 Blu-ray player.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579 Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579 Likes: 22 |
Evidently tomorrow....
Cheers
George
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 517
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 517 |
ahem, ahem .. Today is only Yesterday's Tomorrow ...
M kit : G08 502 557 507 2xDSP5k
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
I just realised that the F80 is hiding under the covers of this photo - far left, just behind John Bamford. ![[Linked Image from media.Meridian-audio.com]](http://media.Meridian-audio.com/albums/imagebank/misc/hitchhikers-visit100207/slides/bob_presentation.jpg) Odd, it does look a little taller than I remember.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
1 members (JCD),
265
guests, and
0
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|