|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4 |
Apart from the fact that a home based system is mentioned in the blurb, there is a grim warning against car hifi in the case of Linn.
They were contracted to make a premium system for Aston Martin for the DB9/AMV8 cars. This turned out to be both unreliable and poor in sound quality. Aston have reverted to Alpine now.
Malcolm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 220
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 220 |
Would be interesting to see (or rather, listen to) Meridian's processing/DSP skills applied to a car's interior, which must be a pretty challenged acoustic environment. Cheers,
Ed.
G91, G68, 5x DSP33, SW1600, HD621. Red F80 and dock.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24
Hooloovoo
|
|
Hooloovoo
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3,140 Likes: 24 |
So you set the left speaker to master, it shows "Schumi" on the display and the right speaker should show "Massa". You can configure the slave speaker to do whatever you want, with a factory set fixed delay of a few seconds. An early version would show "Irvine" but you could not switch it off.
It required an expensive upgrade to change the left speaker but a recent beta test revealed all it did was grunt.
In the spirit of Spinaltap, I would like to confirm that I am not involved in the corrupt theft of a global sport.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 383
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 383 |
Malcolm,
I didn't realise that Linn's involvement in ICE had ended so ignominiously.
The idea of a Meridian/Ferrari "collaboration" strikes me as rather naff. It's a bit odd that M are celebrating 30 years in business by sticking another company's badge on one of their products.
Intrigued nevertheless...
Mark S
Mark Short
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4 |
If "Ferrari Design" is more than just a marketing logo exercise, where does this leave Mr Boothroyd?
Malcolm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815 Likes: 87 |
Ed_T,
FWIW - I've always found the ICE environment to be pretty good as, excluding road noise and silly OTT bass tubes, there are very few 'room resonances' to colour what goes on. I've always felt that you hear the sound pretty much from the drivers rather than bounced around. Of course you're only about 2-3 feet away from source which helps!!
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314 |
Nick, I find the road noise really hurts the sound, especially the mid bass. I find I have to tweak the sound while the car is moving. An OEM should come up with a system which not only causes sound to be good when stopped but also when driving. Btw- when I have mine tweaked its quite pleasing- but its not like at home.
best regards, Jerry
Best regards, Jerry Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 37
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 37 |
I just heard from an excited dealer friend that the F80 is an amazing innovative product and that we will all want to own one as soon as we see it ... he wouldn't say any more, but I wish I could join the trip on Saturday!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Maybe we could all build our own while we are there and save on the labour costs!
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1 |
Originally posted by Listener: I just heard from an excited dealer friend that the F80 is an amazing innovative product and that we will all want to own one as soon as we see it ... he wouldn't say any more, but I wish I could join the trip on Saturday! It's well known now it's a karaoke unit.
HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 416 |
And the first one w/room correction.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526 |
And the first one w/room correction. ...and HDMI
|
|
|
|
1 members (swpnt),
137
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,175
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|