|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 24
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 24 |
Hi all,
In the setup program for the G68 there are several Meridian DSP speakers to choose from. Can anybody tell me what the impact is on the digital speaker output (SPDIF) as a result of choosing a particular speaker as opposed to another? There are several Meridian DSP speakers to choose from in the list but I cannot see any difference but changing model.
Thank you and a prosperous 2007 to you all //Robert
RoB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Hmmm... Just curious, what are you trying to achieve? I would have though that it was best to set the speaker to that you actually own.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 24
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 24 |
Hi again,
I'm not using Meridian speakers but a digital cross over. It worked fine with the 561 and the 568 but for whatever reasons the filter does not accept the output of the G68. Hence I wanted to understand if and what the difference on the different speaker choices does with the output.
//Robert
RoB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 346
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 346 |
Just a thought: did you switch MHR off?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Yep. Sounds like MHR or 96/24. Maybe select a DSP5000 and says its not 96/24 capable. Not sure if this will turn of MHR.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 24
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 24 |
I just checked a few other things and it sure sounds like a MHR problem. Is there a way to disable MHR in the G68?
Thanks //RoB
RoB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
|
|
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88 |
As Ian says, go to the properties on the DSP speakers you select and uncheck 92/24 capable.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 24
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 24 |
I'm using the latest configuration program and there is no such box to uncheck. There is an option under output to uncheck something called "HS" which according the info text is the output of 24/96. I have set the speakers to 5000's and set this option to "NO" but the display still repports 96k. What do I do to find the "24/96 capable" box? //Robert
RoB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
|
|
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88 |
On the product addition page. Right click on one of the 5000s you've added and select properties. It's there. You'll need to do this for one speaker in each pair, the centre and the sub.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 24
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 24 |
Hi,
Thank you for the info. I have had a small computer melt down so it took a few days to get back on track.
I did as suggested and all is fine. My digital XO`s locks on direct.
I would still like to know if there is any difference in the processing in the G68 dependant on what speaker I chose or if it just looks nice in the setup. Some of the speaker settings do not seem to have the option to turn off 24/96. Why and how do I find out... trial and error?
Now, is there any way to output 24/96 without the MHR encoding engaged? That would be grand !
Thank you
//RoB
RoB
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 117
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 117 |
So now you have music passing thru the loudspeakers again? Guess I will have the same issue with a 861 that I'm going to set up.
regards Bengt
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
The config program, like the issue you ran into, knows if a DSP handles MHR or not, what it's charactersitics are for bass management, if it can be a master or not (like a DSP33 can't be). Maybe a a few other properties I forgot.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
2 members (JCD, DE),
294
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|