logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 30 1 2 … 28 29 30
#47973 2006-12-28 17:54
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Even better news for HD fan/boys, AACS DRM has supposedly been cracked.

Here

#47974 2006-12-28 17:57
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526
Quote
Originally posted by JerryL:
There are FBI warnings, etc. It seems strange to me in the world of the internet why they would release certain titles in certain countries when we will end up finding them anyway. I am left to conclude there is some kind of legal/ distribution reason and the companies making the titles know those motivated will find them and the rest will wait until the discs arrive in their territory.
The UK disc literally is the one made for the US market, that's right, as those FBI and PG-13 splash screens have no relevance here (as It happens, the UK discs of Batman Begins and others are also direct ports of the US versions, FBI logos and all). I know the reasons Goblet of Fire has not been released in North America, but this was mentioned last week at the meeting with Amir and Kevin and, obviously, I can't break the trust set out in that room with regards to revealing certain things that were discussed. It is not a legal (or mastering fault) issue however. The reasons are actually quite logical.

Quote
...and the John Williams music is some of his best recent work IMHO.
Patrick Doyle took over and did the score for Goblet. He did a wonderful job in my opinion. Williams' best score for the series was for the third one I thought. Superb score and absolutely one of the best non-Spielberg related scores he has done in a long time.

Quote
I watched The Hulk last night- and you want a reference image- here it is. Since its 1.85:1- it uses the entire HD frame, the bad news is: its 1.85:1 ! wink I actually think it filled my entire 16x9 screen so that must mean its been gently zoomed to 1.78:1.
They probably just opened the mattes ever so slightly to make it 1.78:1 on the master rather than cropping it a little. That's quite common and doesn`t really fall in line with the insult of defacing the original aspect ratio.

Hulk was a beautifully photographed movie - which always helps with the ' wow factor of certain discs. When I saw a bit of the HD DVD last week it was the best I had seen it look since I saw a special 35mm show print of it. It really looked like I was watching it on film again (we watched the opening titles). Damn shame to hear the edge enhancement is inherent to the master though. I remember it on the DVD.

That`s an interesting movie. I gave Ang Lee and James Schamus a lot of credit for trying to do something interesting with the material. I`m not sure I`d have it in my permanent collection however.

#47975 2006-12-28 18:44
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
New Disney Link Here commercial for their upcoming Blu-Ray support:
<
>

Man those guys do a bang-up marketing job....

ken
Mark - finally got Amazon(supplier) to reship the player (UPS totally lost the first one); Should have it in a few days.... and VK should be receiving the one I shipped him in the next couple of days...

#47976 2006-12-28 22:26
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
FYI, I'm closing this thread.

It's got such a mix of topics BR, HD, HD Player give away in it.

Please use the new stickys.

HD-DVD Thread

Blu-Ray Thread


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
Page 30 of 30 1 2 … 28 29 30

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 179 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,182
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.053s Queries: 22 (0.030s) Memory: 0.8460 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-08 05:55:23 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS