logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 30 1 2 … 26 27 28 29 30
#47949 2006-12-24 10:59
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526
Were I to buy a Bluray player right now, I`d consider the Panasonic. It has 7.1 analogue output, though as a 568 owner that`s of no use to me. However, it does have DVD-A support, supports DD+ decoding and I'm informed that Panasonic have stated a firmware update before the spring will introduce Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD MA decoding. If that's true, it should make for a decent machine in the long term.

The Sony is a nice looking unit mind you (it's actually built by Pioneer).

#47950 2006-12-24 17:31
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Thanks guys- Im looking at HDMI switches now and I will need an audio switch- what do you think of this one?

http://www.octavainc.com/HDMI%20switch%204port_toslink.htm

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
#47951 2006-12-26 18:25
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Btw- I watched 50% of Batman Begins last night. There is no doubt the video quality is fantastic, but I am not so sure its better than Serenity- I will have to finish it and review Serenity too. Btw- it seems my plasma's grey scale is off for the analog HD input, to my eyes there is a tiny bit of a blue push going on... when I switch back to 480P DVD the resulting image seems slightly warmer- and even though I know better, I find the cooler image too look "better"- this is a cheap parlor trick the set manufacturers use- and I fall for it! DOH! wink

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
#47952 2006-12-26 18:51
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Quote
Originally posted by JerryL:
Im looking at HDMI switches now
Here is a low cost switch that I have been considering.

#47953 2006-12-26 18:58
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Quote
Originally posted by JerryL:
Btw- it seems my plasma's grey scale is off for the analog HD input, to my eyes there is a tiny bit of a blue push going on...
Digital Video Essentials is coming soon with a HD DVD version, here .

#47954 2006-12-27 01:37
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Arcade,
Thanks! That switch looks NICE!!! I like the discrete buttons- this can be learned by an IR learner and more easily integrated into a control system. I have been watching out for the DVE. I suspect my plasma (sony 60") could use an ISF calibration, but this is not really my critical viewing monitor, I am just in the process of waiting for and installing a new projector so I am using it for now. Now, that will be calibrated.

Btw- I got my copy of Harry Potter from the UK and it works just fine!!!! Whooo hoooo. Are there any other UK only HD DVDs out there that are worth while?

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
#47955 2006-12-27 04:05
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Quote
Originally posted by JerryL:
Are there any other UK only HD DVDs out there that are worth while?
Here is Amazon UK's best selling HD DVD list with "Exotic Saltwater Aquarium" in the lead!

#47956 2006-12-27 12:31
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
LOL- I saw these and the existence of this kind of material is the best counter argument that a format isnt making it because if these are out for it, then it must be doing well. Actually, if there is HD porn then thats probably a good sign for the format no matter what your personal- uh- position- on the matter is smile

Btw, my favorite is the digital fireplace- I once worked for a video distribution company and we had a lot of travel videos and a few tapes of a fireplace and one of an aquarium and I one time took a phone call from someone who wanted to know if they turned their tv on and off, if the fish in the aquarium would change! wink

seriously, the switcher looks nice but the one I found, while like 3x more expensive, also switches audio and that would be critical for me if I were to integrate a BRD player.

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
#47957 2006-12-27 12:52
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,161
Likes: 4
See this thread :

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/showthread.php?t=247256


and amazon.fr and exploitedcinema.com (in U.S) for some non aquatic titles smile

~M~


Mostly harmless. Comfortably numb.
#47958 2006-12-27 13:29
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
A W E S O M E !!!! I particularly like the www.xploitedcinema.com site because its all there. Im going to try some of these titles and will report back. There is nothing to lead me to believe they will not work.

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
#47959 2006-12-27 15:51
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Quote
Originally posted by JerryL:
seriously, the switcher looks nice but the one I found, while like 3x more expensive, also switches audio and that would be critical for me if I were to integrate a BRD player.
Agreed, thats why I installed the Meridian ID25 Optical Digital input card here . I know its all digital, but I think its better to minimze components, if you can.

I checked Meridian's 861 page here and it no longer mentions the ID25 as an optional card. Is this omission an error or is it a hint for some future Optical input product?

#47960 2006-12-27 16:03
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 419
Quote
Originally posted by JerryL:
There is nothing to lead me to believe they will not work.
According to this the Toshiba HD-A1 is region free.

Page 28 of 30 1 2 … 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (MarkQV, swpnt, Richard W), 603 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.074s Queries: 39 (0.038s) Memory: 0.8924 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 16:24:17 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS