Mark,

Let me know if you change your mind on the tapes. I know what you mean re: the sound. My tapes are not D-Theater, they are strictly DVHS I recorded off my cable company when things were brand new. The audio was DD 2.0 and as such I simply connected the playback via analog as the digital did drop out quite a bit.'

Daniel,
I think you make a good point about awareness. But I think a new disc based format like HDDVD/BRD is doomed. I think more in the consciousness is downloading and I think this will carry the day. The infrastructure is not there yet, but the consumer is just now warming up to the concept. I do not know if it will be Apple, but I think they are showing that people want downloads. Btw- I wonder if we had stats on how movies have been downloaded at the itunes store vs. how many HD DVD/ BRD discs have been sold and if we could come up with a common time frame, like say average monthly sales. Id be curious to see how that shakes out. My gut says the downloads are way ahead.

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.