Makes sense on the VC-1.

I cant make a real informed comparison with the Kscape right now because I am importing the movies, and you can import 5 at once so I have 5 players stacked on top of the server so the import goes as quickly as possible.

I do have one hooked up to a plasma tv and my subjective impression is DVD never looked so good. This is in line with what Thomas J Norton said in his review a while ago:

http://ultimateavmag.com/mediaservers/805kal/index.html

I am running just 480P on component. I am particularly struck by the amount of detail the system resolves and the relative lack of ringing. In every regard I am expecting the image quality to exceed the 800.

Heres another review:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_4/kaleidescape-media-server-12-2004-part-1.html

My experience to date has been exactly as these reviews say and frankly its even better as I contacted their tech support before I bought it to ask a few questions and they were so informative and kind that this is what tipped me past the edge.

For me this is about the convenience. So far I am extremely impressed.

But as it pertains to this discussion, I would expect the image quality of HDDVD to far surpass it.

Btw- I just looked at the titles available in both formats and I am not really impressed. So far on the HD DVD side only Apollo 13 is something Id watch repeatedly (I am not repurchasing my DVD collection) and on the BRD side I see The Fugitive. One per side is not good IMHO.

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.