logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 30 1 2 … 8 9 10 11 12 … 29 30
#47733 2006-12-09 22:55
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Mark,
This is a very kind and generous offer!

Have I done it right?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2X1594W2ECW4U/103-2515079-0966245

have I been naughty or nice?

No matter what I have been, your generous and spontanious actions in addition to the generally polite and informative discussion here shows why this is a great message board. I am smiling from your generosity (even if I dont personally benefit).

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
#47734 2006-12-09 23:00
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
I couldn't find the X model. What does that do? Extra X Men DVD? wink

Btw- is there a reason you prefer HDDVD to BRD? VC1? I think this would be a major reason.

OK- I have added the X model. It seems like its a few dollars less expensive so thats a plus.

Now- will we all have to go in on the group buy of the multi channel analog card?!! LOL.

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
#47735 2006-12-09 23:02
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Ahhhh. I see you've gone for the 2nd gen model...


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
#47736 2006-12-09 23:04
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Btw- Mark, I am completely against sports cars and Ferraris in particular. Since we are facing a shortage of fossil fuels, I think that F430 model, especially in silver, is just very terrible and no one should own one. Now maybe if I had one..... wink J/K.

I am really impressed with your generosity. Btw- yours is usually the position I take with the toys but, I really just don't see these formats succeeding, even if I have a few discs to play with.

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
#47737 2006-12-09 23:05
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Mark. Please ship mine to Ken Liles.

Can I have the second gen model? About the same price and presumably more audio options?

Edit: I've added Ken's address to my US Amazon wish list.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
#47738 2006-12-09 23:06
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526
Quote
So, I am prepared to put my money where my mouth is here - the first three people to put a Toshiba HD-XA1 into their Amazon.com wishlist and reply here with their wishlist URL get a shiny new HD-DVD player for their troubles. Put an HD-DVD into the wishlist and I'll chuck that in to.
Good lord, man! You're rather brilliant it must be said. Mad, but brilliant.

#47739 2006-12-09 23:06
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 2,314
Btw- if for any reason Ken has an issue with shipping I will offer my help as well. It would be my pleasure to help out a fellow 'hiker.

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.
#47740 2006-12-09 23:16
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 639
Quote
Originally posted by JerryL:
Btw- if for any reason Ken has an issue with shipping I will offer my help as well. It would be my pleasure to help out a fellow 'hiker.

best regards,
Jerry
thanks Jerry - Looks like we have it worked out; Let you know if anything changes...

thanks so much for this Mark - We'll give it a complete working over; I have a 120" wide 2.35AR Ruby setup for the big screen and a 37" panny plasma to check out for more 'living room' type differences;
this ought to be fun!!

ken

#47741 2006-12-09 23:30
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,560
Likes: 1
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,560
Likes: 1
Your a good guy Mark! I hope one of the formats wins. Then I'll buy it. I already tried one of these and they are nice players. So enjoy it you guys that got one.


Cheers,

Ron


HT: 568.2mm (Revelation One filter), 518x2, SB3, Bryston 7BSTx3, 8BST, Aerial 10T, CC3, SW12(Qty2) w/SVS AS-EQ1, MK Tripole x4. JVC RS1u, DVDO Duo, Oppo 103 w/Vanity103HD, Sony PS3, VIP 3D Theatre, Acer H5360. Logitech Ultimate Remote and Hub.
#47742 2006-12-09 23:33
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Many thanks to Ken and, of course, to Mark. I guess I've just been tipped over the edge...

Mark - just a quick note. I've added both the XA1 and A2 to my US wishlist. The A2 isn't shipping quite yet, but it must be awfully soon. I assume that the A2 would be the better option for only $20 difference, but I simply don't know... But if you simply just want to order the XA1, that's obviously entirely up to you!!! (It does look very cool! laugh ) Thank you very very much.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
#47743 2006-12-09 23:44
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 519
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 519
I'll give it go aswell. Hey it's Christmas and you never know. I added a couple of movies as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2YT7T78E1NJEG/104-5829510-8933508


Lumin A1, Shindo Aurieges, Sanders Loudspeakers. DSP5000.
#47744 2006-12-09 23:48
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 526
Quote
I assume that the A2 would be the better option for only $20 difference, but I simply don't know...
The A2 is actually a little stripped down as far as its inputs and outputs go compared to the XA1 (which is also built like a tank in comparison to the A2). It`s lacking multi-channel analogue outputs and coaxial output compared to the XA1 and forthcoming XA2… plus with the amusing current rate of exchange what`s $20 to any Brit right now, let alone Mark here? smile The A2 is however, meant to be more responsive. Quicker, and with a better remote.

I can`t help but think of Mark as a Milky-Bar Kid like figure reading these last couple of pages.

The Hi-def formats are strong and tough
And only the best is good enough
The best in sound, and visuals too
Mark_H has gone and bought a player for you.

“the HD DVD players are on meeeeeeeee!”

Page 10 of 30 1 2 … 8 9 10 11 12 … 29 30

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,162
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.058s Queries: 38 (0.033s) Memory: 0.8930 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-05 07:13:01 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS