Quote
Originally posted by JerryL:

I do not believe the average consumer actually has the display capability to see it, and if they did, they wouldn't have it set properly. Most flat panels that get sold in the mass market are not even close to 1080, closer to some form of 720, which is a nice resolution for a 40" screen or so.

best regards,
Jerry
I wasn't sure if my 1080i 1280x768 50" would see a difference. I most certainly do. The source that was transferred is the limitation.

My friend just picked up a cheap 56" JVC 1080p DLP set. $1900.00 You can see the difference night and day.

I used Ice Age to compare both because it removes the film grain and soft movie lens difference.

The Demo's in stores (although possibly exagerated) with the split screens showing DVD vs Blu-Ray are quite good. They will convince Joe sixpack.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2