Quote
Originally posted by John Kotches:
You're asking me for a press release of my opinion?
Actually, I was. All we have in this thread is speculation that the formats will fail without any evidence to back this up. All the published evidence so far suggests that they are doing ok and still going in the right direction.
Until I see evidence to the contrary I shall continue my cheerleading. In fact it's impossible not to when you see, and hear, just how astonishingly good (as I'm certain you have) HD is.

Quote
Ok how about this as facts to back it up.

The Blu-ray players save for the PS3 are priced way too high for the average consumer to get excited about.

The discs are still too expensive and too hard to find for the average consumer to get excited about.

Some of the choices are serious head scratchers. Click? Hitch? Happy Gilmore?
And this is partly why Sony is getting it's butt kicked by HD-DVD. They now need to go to plan B if they have one smile

Quote

Where are greats like Gladiator, Dark City, Open Range, Sin City, The Matrix Trilogy etc?
They will come of course, but as already been suggested, and as we saw with titles like Star Wars, not until there is a larger user base who will buy the title and make the studios a load of money.

Mark