Ahh, but isn't the point here simply that we are discussing opinion?

I would submit to you that the people with the best data on this will not probably share it with us openly, but over the next year we can see what they conclude based upon whether or not the major catalog titles show up as HD. If they do, then you are right and the formats are alive and well. If they do not, then the formats are DOA.

I'd love to be wrong, but my experience leads me to my opinion that these formats are nothing more than the video versions of SACD and DVD-A. Btw, I have bought a few more DVD-As lately because it sounds so good and I enjoy it. But I do not kid myself that the format is basically dead- at least in the mass market.

Btw- when we did our holiday shopping and I asked the store clerks at best buy and places like this about Bluray or HDDVD they looked at me like I was on drugs until I said they were the new HD disc formats and I got the "oh, yeah" response... what's the critical element in the market excited about? Nintendo Wii. JMHO.

best regards,
Jerry


Best regards,
Jerry
Main System: 861v6, DSP8000s in corners, DSP7000s Center and Sides, 1-9 humans.