Chris, I think you may have started something with the house price issue. How can any first time buyer afford to put a roof over their heads now? Mortgage or rental. Never mind then have to fork out for anything more than a HT in a box.

I paid �88k for my house in Newmarket in late '99 and sold it for �120k in early 2002 when I moved out here. It is now worth over �180k from what I've seen. Absolutely crazy, and I couldn't afford to move back to the UK now. I see a friend in Reading paying 350k for a 1200sqft home, and wonder how he manages it. Maybe Japanese style mortgages where your kids continue to pay it after you die? Thankfully I'm not in a position where I need to sell my hifi/ht to pay the bills, but I don't see kids today ever being in a position to buy hifi in the future (except from Richer Sounds).

David.


Living room: DSP5000.3
WFH Office: M33
Bedroom: P200ZQ