Quote
Originally posted by RLiddell:
John,

You may want to hold off making a purchase until you see what the new HD formats have to offer. I currently own a Toshiba A1 and am very impressed with the sound and picture quality of both HD DVD's as well as SD DVD's. My personal opinion is that you may be paying too high a premium for technology that, while it is very good, is not cutting edge. From what I have experienced and remember, and I'll qualify by saying that I do not own the G series DVD players, that the Toshiba will outperform any of the G series players and the Bluray players may outperform the HD DVD players. I'd suggest waiting and evaluating these players and enjoy your very good Denon player. These, of course, are just my opinions, worth about as much as I have received for them.

Rudy
Fair point! While the Toshiba might, and I stress might, better the G98 as a DVD player, it certainly does not as a CD player. So, if you have rediscovered your CD collection .....

Simon


My Kit: 861v8+ID41, 800v4, UHD722, MD600, MS600, MS200, Oppo BDP-203, Genesis 201, Genesis 350 SE, Genesis S4-8 Sub, BG 520i, VTL MB450 II, Krell Showcase 7, Genesis 928 Subs, Danley DTS10 sub, SVS Ultra 16 subs.