|
|
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 502 Likes: 2
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 502 Likes: 2 |
Recruit. Not wanting to divert too far from this thread but how do/did (sorry) you find the ultraviolet cable - have you had any issues with the fit and is it a worthwhile investment on that screen?
Much appreciated
Simon
Main: MS600, G61R, DSP3100Vx3, DSP33x2, SW1600, Samsung 65JS9500 TV, Sony X800, Wireworld Star*light video cabling, Isotek Vision, Isotek Elite/Prem mains cabling. Office: Roon ROCK on NUC7i5, Allo USBridge + iFi PSU, Prime Amp/PSU, Fostex TH900. On the Go: Surface Pro, Explorer2, Sennheiser Momentum M2 Smyth Realiser2 on pre-order :-)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 240
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 240 |
Simon - Even though i have had issues i did try the Molex cable cost �26 and the Wireworld cost �130 to see what differences there was between the 2 and the Ultraviolet was a lot better whether it is �100 better is a matter of opinion but the images were alot sharper and the colours were alot richer and more defined, the Pioneer is definitly one of the best pictures i have seen to date and the Meridian gives superb PQ when it works 
John
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 191
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 191 |
Now i'm realy realy realy unhappy i'm still not able to complete my dowload of Mconfig. I managed to get mcontrol fuploader and firmware and ftdi but not MCONFIG or documentation. Do any of you have a complete installation disc with latest Mconfig eg if someone bought his kit just now I'll be hapy to have a copy off the delivered disc ? Config 3.2.0.2290 and fw 2.11
jsm(dot)nyberg(at)swipnet(dot)se
My stuff G98DH, G68J, DSP5200 ,DSP5200HC, DSP3100 HD621,AC11 , REL Stadium 3 Squeezebox Touch, Pioner BDP-LX71 ,Humax CXHD 5000C
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,053 Likes: 1 |
No, but I could email MConfig.exe and some other things...?
HD621, G98DH, G68ADV, Bc Acoustiqe ACT A3, 5200C DSP33, NuForce Reference 9 monoblocks, 2x SB3's, Velodyne DD-15 & DD-12 Subwoofers and a Meridian sub.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 191
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 191 |
Thankyou so much ! i will be happy with mconfig.exe not shure if it will work but i give it a try thankyou again.it might save the weekend
/Mikael
My stuff G98DH, G68J, DSP5200 ,DSP5200HC, DSP3100 HD621,AC11 , REL Stadium 3 Squeezebox Touch, Pioner BDP-LX71 ,Humax CXHD 5000C
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 4 |
G98ah updated, Has anyone else got any strange issues while playing DVD's with the new firmware?
It went on fine and reports everthing properly, 1080p available etc..
I get the Meridian splash screen but when I insert a DVD, it starts fine but the picture goes before or at the menu. This is with DVD's that played with 1.73 (which I don't have a backup of!)
Also, is the clicking (switching) normal, as this seems to have multiplied since the upgrade?
I'm going to test it in the morning after powering off overnight.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 191
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 191 |
Hmm i have 1.58 1.73 and 1.81 i could provide those. i dont have any old winfup, but the new fup should be able to load old sw ? i hope.
My stuff G98DH, G68J, DSP5200 ,DSP5200HC, DSP3100 HD621,AC11 , REL Stadium 3 Squeezebox Touch, Pioner BDP-LX71 ,Humax CXHD 5000C
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 277
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 277 |
Can someone email me when all the problems are sorted out and the all clear is given to update cleanly  ?
Jay
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
Originally posted by Bluenose: G98ah updated, Has anyone else got any strange issues while playing DVD's with the new firmware?
It went on fine and reports everthing properly, 1080p available etc..
I get the Meridian splash screen but when I insert a DVD, it starts fine but the picture goes before or at the menu. This is with DVD's that played with 1.73 (which I don't have a backup of!)
Also, is the clicking (switching) normal, as this seems to have multiplied since the upgrade?
I'm going to test it in the morning after powering off overnight. Most importantly, have you retyped the G98? Second. I had the clicking in the G68 when I first upgraded. This, and an apparently unstable picture concerned me so I reflashed and got problems. Since the upgrade, I only temporarily connected the G98 so I have not connected sound so cannot comment on the clicking. It may be that the clicking went away when I retyped, it maybe that it is still there. My apparent picture instability was to do with me viewing a menu on a my sons DVD that I was unfamiliar with - Madagascar - the crates on the beach juddered but trying this in another player it behaves the same. As for blanking when a disc is played, I think this has got worse. I think it is my display resynching to input - the only thing that I can think of it that it needs to do this when HDCP is triggered at the start of the main feature so a bit of handshaking needs to go on. I have asked Meridian for an option to keep HDCP active irrespective of the copy protect flag on the source material. Either that or for some reason the output of the G98 is being blanked - this may also trigger the clicking of the G68. If this is the case, its a retrograde step and maybe the G98 should output a blank screen instead. I notice something about implementing an HDMI mute function - not sure what this is but maybe it is related.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 191
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 191 |
Hi there anyone has a hint regarding USB to serial adapters especialy "maximum retrials exceeded" error msg and also what serial port settings works best.
And btw i'm just now tracking down the Keyspan adapter that felow hitchhikers got to work. I will eventually by one of those, but its a little hard to find in Sweden. many online stores don't ship internationaly.
The one i got now is based on the prolific 2303 chips set this is a dud. I got at best 79% of the core file dowloade before crash.
And thanks again Tommy the Mconfig is working just fine
My stuff G98DH, G68J, DSP5200 ,DSP5200HC, DSP3100 HD621,AC11 , REL Stadium 3 Squeezebox Touch, Pioner BDP-LX71 ,Humax CXHD 5000C
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 141 Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 141 Likes: 1 |
just for the record...i use one old palm USB-serial adpater without prroblem.
Meridian: G91DH, DSP 5200, DSP 33
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 191
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 191 |
Now its playing just fine with 2.11 and setups nicely with new config pgm.
had to take a ride to my dealer and borrow a computer with a "real" serial port then it's ok.
So the player are ok you just need a reliable serial port,If you think you fried the G9x, burn a CD with fup and firmware and go to your neigbor or workplace and use any old pc with serial port. retype restart. Then go home and run Mcconfig and setup as usual, so we don't need to send the player to M
cheers now its icehockey...
My stuff G98DH, G68J, DSP5200 ,DSP5200HC, DSP3100 HD621,AC11 , REL Stadium 3 Squeezebox Touch, Pioner BDP-LX71 ,Humax CXHD 5000C
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
491
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,190
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|