|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332 |
I am having this message display as soon as I turn on the unit " BAD EEPROM CONTENT" and I hear major buzzing sound from one channel of the OA13 XLR output cards. The unit is new and I can,t save my setting because of the of it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
Has it ever worked?
Try retyping it from the front panel.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
|
|
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703 Likes: 4 |
Reload all the firmware. This message seems to occur if there is a mismatch between the release status of the various components of the firmware. You get it during upgrading using WinFup.
Malcolm
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332 |
I am not upgrading I am simply setting the unit up for the first time via a laptop. Is it possible that I fetched the setting from my old 861. The buzzing is sure driving me crazy it is only from one channle of oA13 card. Retyping from front panel will try next. By the way how you do that.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814 Likes: 87 |
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
|
|
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606 |
Reload the firmware anyway. Bad EEPROM usually contents indicates a faulty firmware load. I'm pretty shocked that a new, out of the box 861 would power up with this message.
After that, retype based on what you've got.
Regards,
Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training. --- 861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332 |
Another dumm question. When on the front panel how do you type in RTFM.?.....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579 Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579 Likes: 22 |
Eh, well erm...it's like this, eh...RTFM = Read The F****** Manual. Oh dear. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332 |
Originally posted by John Kotches: Reload the firmware anyway. Bad EEPROM usually contents indicates a faulty firmware load. I'm pretty shocked that a new, out of the box 861 would power up with this message.
After that, retype based on what you've got.
Regards, I am as shocked as you are.I planed to set it up via front display for now and get it going till later on. I planed out all my wiring first . I hooked up all my 5 channels plus one sub which is daisy chained to another sub, and when I turned on the amp and the 861 this is where I got the message and also the buzzing sound from one channel of the OA13 cards.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332 |
Originally posted by Mr Meridian: Eh, well erm...it's like this, eh...RTFM..... Read The F****** Manual. Oh dear.
Thanks. I forgot about the manual.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364 Likes: 14 |
Since this is a brand new unit, I suspect one of the OA13 boards is jumpered wrong or defective.
You should call Meridian monday.
- Fiddler (IMHO)
If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument. HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6 Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814 Likes: 87 |
Do you not have dealer support with this unit ? It's a bit of a surprise that it hasn't been checked out already for you (in this price bracket).
I presume your old 861 was a earlier version so there may be a difference in config files you are loading. You are using the newer config program aren't you ?
The flash upload program is easy and quick enough to use...you could try it and force the firmware to refresh.
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
1 members (Mimesis),
289
guests, and
3
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,170
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|