logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#37803 2006-01-21 04:22
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
I am having this message display as soon as I turn on the unit " BAD EEPROM CONTENT" and I hear major buzzing sound from one channel of the OA13 XLR output cards. The unit is new and I can,t save my setting because of the of it.



#37804 2006-01-21 05:39
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Has it ever worked?

Try retyping it from the front panel.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
#37805 2006-01-21 10:24
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,703
Likes: 4
Reload all the firmware. This message seems to occur if there is a mismatch between the release status of the various components of the firmware. You get it during upgrading using WinFup.


Malcolm
#37806 2006-01-21 12:33
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
I am not upgrading I am simply setting the unit up for the first time via a laptop. Is it possible that I fetched the setting from my old 861. The buzzing is sure driving me crazy it is only from one channle of oA13 card.
Retyping from front panel will try next. By the way how you do that.



#37807 2006-01-21 13:33
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
RTFM


Rgds,
Nick


#37808 2006-01-21 15:22
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Great Green Arkleseizure
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,606
Reload the firmware anyway. Bad EEPROM usually contents indicates a faulty firmware load. I'm pretty shocked that a new, out of the box 861 would power up with this message.

After that, retype based on what you've got.

Regards,


Surround Music Fan/Computer Geek/Curmudgeon in training.
---
861v4, HD621, Panasonic BD-P55K, Toshiba HD-A35, Oppo HD990, Dish Network 622, Pioneer DV-668AV-S w/ DVD Upgrades mod, EW Fontaine II (x5), Velodyne DD-15 (x2), Seymour AV Ice blocks (x7)
#37809 2006-01-21 15:50
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Another dumm question. When on the front panel how do you type in RTFM.?.....



#37810 2006-01-21 15:54
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,579
Likes: 22
Eh, well erm...it's like this, eh...RTFM =
Read The F****** Manual. Oh dear.

shocked

#37811 2006-01-21 16:03
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Quote
Originally posted by John Kotches:
Reload the firmware anyway. Bad EEPROM usually contents indicates a faulty firmware load. I'm pretty shocked that a new, out of the box 861 would power up with this message.

After that, retype based on what you've got.

Regards,
I am as shocked as you are.I planed to set it up via front display for now and get it going till later on. I planed out all my wiring first . I hooked up all my 5 channels plus one sub which is daisy chained to another sub, and when I turned on the amp and the 861 this is where I got the message and also the buzzing sound from one channel of the OA13 cards.



#37812 2006-01-21 16:08
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Working on the ultimate question
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,332
Quote
Originally posted by Mr Meridian:
Eh, well erm...it's like this, eh...RTFM.....
Read The F****** Manual. Oh dear.

shocked
Thanks. I forgot about the manual.



#37813 2006-01-21 17:16
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 8,364
Likes: 14
Since this is a brand new unit, I suspect one of the OA13 boards is jumpered wrong or defective.

You should call Meridian monday.


- Fiddler (IMHO)

If you think listening to music is fun, try learning an instrument.
HT: G61RSL, 4x5K, 5.5KHC, 2xSC6000, Transporter, HD621, Philips BDP7501 4K, Tivo, 65" LG OLED 4K C6
Computer: Foobar2000, 5K, Mojo, HiFiMan HE1000 V2
#37814 2006-01-21 18:21
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,815
Likes: 87
Do you not have dealer support with this unit ? It's a bit of a surprise that it hasn't been checked out already for you (in this price bracket).

I presume your old 861 was a earlier version so there may be a difference in config files you are loading. You are using the newer config program aren't you ?

The flash upload program is easy and quick enough to use...you could try it and force the firmware to refresh.


Rgds,
Nick


Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Relham), 485 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,815
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,176
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.049s Queries: 39 (0.025s) Memory: 0.8787 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-06 16:34:05 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS