My Daughter and I used to have contrasting views on owning Media.

She works for a well-known publisher. She’s loved physical books since childhood. She loves the look, touch and smell of books. Then again, she strictly streams her favourite music.

Likewise, I used to be resolute that I must own all my physical music and movie media. Eventually, I took the pragmatic approach to music, movie and books - and switched wholesale to streaming.

Every time there’s a format change (SD to HD to UHD), the original SD DVD I purchased years ago is progressively upgraded to the latest format without my having to buy the movie again. When a subsequent new edition of a book is published my existing copy is updated at no additional expense.

I still own 2 Squeezeboxes (in storage), and, like you, I used iPeng to control my media via my iPad.

Time moves on, and I overcame my initial reluctance to buy into Roon. There’s such a vast library of hitherto undiscovered music that I would never have found had I rigidly stayed with LMS.

YMMV


Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.

#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504
#2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia
#3: Other stuff