I have been running a G68 with Dynaudio Contour speakers in a 5.1 config. Front three recently replaced with the latest 20i & 25i C. for 18-20 years. I recently replaced my amp with a Primare 35.8.
I am 75% music and 25% Av stuff and have been very happy with both. Sources have been CD and streamer via coax into the G68. I mainly listen to music in either Direct or Trifield DSP mode.

It is time to redecorate our lounge and we will be having some electrical work done etc and and I thought is was time to add to ceiling speakers to allow a future change to the processor. BUT, Trifield music is so very important that I want to see what other alternatives there are out there.

There are plenty of fabulous AV processors that do a million channels but what do they do with music? I am sure many do a 'direct' mode but any alternatives that are close to Trifield or music DSP settings?

I could just stick with what I have and find a G65 or maybe a 861v6 or v8, but with all the work being done in the house I thought it would be a good time to look at alternatives.

Thanks


Stuart Stebbings