I had problems with my RTI controlled cinema not long before Christmas. I thought my RTI processor was on the blink. Now, thanks to this forum, I have learned that M had changed the Control software. I suspect (hope) that M had finally got round to addressing the very longstanding problem of the 271 not coming on from standby to a chosen volume level as opposed to always, despite settings, coming on at 65. But how misguided to release the change just before Christmas - a time when home cinemas tend to be fully used.

I think the glitch is related to fixed IP addresses as the only time I have regained control is when, out of desperation, I decided to give DHCP a try. Strangely, the address showing was the same fixed address as before (which is not in the allowed DHCP range of the router) but I had control back again. Note that I could see that, despite 'No Device Found' messages, the Control program always could talk to the 271 because it has always been able to acquire and show the Configuration settings of the 271.

I have written to my Dealer and to Meridian directly about all this. I don't think for a moment that any dealer will be able to fix it, so, even though M seem to view customers contemptibly as an irritating nuisance, I hope that getting some experience from users will help them diagnose and solve the glitch speedily.


Cinema/Music: Trinnov Altitude32 8-16,218,Cloud 4 channel, Marantz UD5007,DSP5200SE(2+C),DSP3300(4),DSW(2),271,MShort Ceilings,AppleTV 4K
TV: Marantz SR7013 Wharfedale Diamond 9x4+Celestion(C)
Music: Roon,i7NUC8gen,QNAP TS253A, Sony Scala, MS200, Garrard DDQ650,Wharfedale Diamond 12.3
Kitchen: AD88 (bluetooth via i80).